Half-Day Way of St. James Hiking Tour from San Sebastián
Leave San Sebastián and explore the Way of St James (Camino de Santiago), a medieval Christian pilgrimage route that overlooks the breathtaking Basque Coast. Known for its poetic views, the trail hugs the side of Ulia Mountain – an area of unspoiled natural beauty – and the tour includes a leisurely paced hike along its most scenic stretch. Enjoy a boat ride around Pasaia San Pedro, relax in a terrace bar near Santiago Square with Basque tapas and local wine, and finally explore Pasaia village.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Local drink
- Boat crossing of the estuary
- Bus ride back to San Sebastian
- Entry/Admission - Monte Ulia
- Entry/Admission - Faro de la Plata
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monte Ulia, San Sebastian - Donostia Spain
Be swept away by beautiful Basque Country on this hiking tour in San Sebastián that leads you to epic views and uncovers local hidden gems in this beautiful part of Spain. To kick off thisSan Sebastian tour we'll head out of town and up to Ulia Mountain, where we’ll enjoy a wonderful view before hiking along the coastal St. James Way. (Please be prepared for a steep beginning — but we promise it will get easier as you go! There are several ups and downs along the route, but the hardest part is at the start). As you continue your Basque adventure, your local guide will highlight points of interest and give you all the insider knowledge you need to know, knowledge that only a local would know!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Faro de la Plata, 20016 Pasajes Spain
As we continue our San Sebastian walking tour, we’ll make our way to the lighthouse of La Plata, from where we’ll head down the hill to Pasaia San Pedro. Here we’ll discover some unique cultural traditions and customs before embarking on a boat across the sea inlet. Breathe in the fresh air as your local guide tells you about the phenomenal scenery.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pasaia, Pasaia, Province of Guipuzcoa, Basque Country
We’ll enjoy more wicked views of the mountains and coast before coming to rest on the terrace of a bar in the beautiful port-side Santiago Square. After taking a moment here to soak up your surroundings and indulge in txakoli (regional white wine), we’ll wander the narrow streets of Pasaia, before returning to San Sebastian by public transport. Your Basque tour ends here, but your local guide will be happy to give you some more tips so that you can continue to explore local life, or let you know the best route back to your accommodation.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Mariaren Bihotza, 20013 Donostia-San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Subject to favorable weather conditions; if canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please wear comfortable clothes and hiking shoes
- Not recommended for participants with heart problems or high blood pressure and should be avoided by those with hip or knee replacements or anyone who is afraid of heights. Please contact us if you have any concerns regarding the physical requirements of the tour; private tours are available for those looking for a slower pace.
- This is a 8.5 km hike, designed to take three hours with an extra two hours at the end to enjoy the town of Pasaia and come back to San Sabestian by public bus.You'll be walking up a steep hill at the beginning that lasts for 1.5 km. The terrain isn't rocky but there will be lots of steps to climb! The rest of the hike lasts for 7 km and while it is more moderate, you will need to navigate your way across a few rocks, which can be challenging for some. During each section, the total gain of altitude is about 180 m (360 m in total). .
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures have received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.