Half Day With Fyodr Dostoevsky
As we say: there is an eternal Dostoyevsky in human nature here in St. Petersburg... And you are going to discover why.
First we will have a tour to the
Dostoevsky museum - apartments with Museum curator. In this apartments Dostoevsky spent two last years of his life. Here there are a lot of original furniture and memorabilia related to his work on display.
Dostoevsky grew up deeply Orthodox and we will see the beautiful
cathedral of the Vladimir Icon of the Mother of God often visited by Dostoevsky during his last years.
Next your guide will take you to the
secret places linked to Dostoevsky and his novels. You will see the St.Petersburg slums and the square where Dostoevsky mock execution took place. You will walk in the footsteps of Rodion Raskolnikov, Netochka Nezvanova and other famous characters from Dostoevsky’s stories.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by public transport
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop off
- To make it easy your guide will pick you up at your hotel and take you to the city center with public transport.
We start our tour at Vladimirskaya Metro Station to see the statue of our great writer. On the way to the Dostoevsky museum we will pass Kuznechny Farmer Market still now full of Dostoevskian characters: old women selling flowers, mushrooms, berries, home made pickles, eggs and etc. We will have a quick look inside. This market is one of the oldest and still have a very special atmosphere resembles Crime and Punishment novel.
Next 1 hour or so we spent in the Dostoevsky apartment listening to the museum curator telling us the story of Dostoevsky life and the story of his the most known novels.
From here we walk back to the square to visit the Cathedral of the Vladimir Icon of the Mother of God where Dostoevsky was a parishioner for years. Beautiful cathedral built in semi-baroque and semi-classical style is famous for its iconostasis designed by Bartomoleo Rastrelli, architect of the Winter Palace.
From here we start our walk through the area called "Petersburg of Dostoevsky" to meet Dostoevsky characters and to discover why we say: there is an eternal Dostoyevsky in human nature here in St. Petersburg.
You tour ends in the city center.
Departure Point :Our guide will meet you at your hotel.
Departure Time :Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun: 10 am; 11 am; 12 am; 01 pm; 02 pm; 03 pm Wed: 01 pm; 02 pm; 03 pm; 04 pm; 05 pm; 06 pm
Return Detail :City center
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infant / Child / Youth rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Walking tour is suitable for handicapped people. There are no facilities for handicapped people in the Museum and in the Cathedral
- Discount for infant, children and youthis valid upon presentation of documents confirming age.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.