Hamningberg: The Rocky Road to the End of Europe Driving Audio Tour by VoiceMap
Join me on a self-guided GPS audio drive through the awe-inspiring arctic landscape in the northeast of Norway. From the modern city of Vardø, along the rocky, scenic road along the coastline of the Barents Sea, to the abandoned fishing village of Hamningberg.
You'll hear about the stories of the past, and discover the flora and fauna of the present. It will be a drive to remember!
The tour is ready whenever you are and the audio plays automatically at exactly the right time and place using your smartphone's GPS and the VoiceMap mobile app, which also works offline.
per adult from
1 hour 10 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to Hamningberg: The Rocky Road to the End of Europe tour
- VoiceMap Application
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Hamningberg Old Fishing Village, Hamningberg Fv 341 300, Vardo 9950 Norway
Hamningberg is the northeastern-most village of the Varangerfjord, as well as the end of road 341. It used to be a fishing village but nowadays Hamningberg has no permanent residents. The village itself is very scenic, and attracts visitors from all over the world every year. Hamningberg was populated at the end of the 1500's. You can still see the remains of the stone age dwellings as well as former Russian settlements left over from the war days.
Departure Point :Søndre Langgate 1, 9950 Vardø, Norway
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/25/2019 - 12/31/2020
1/1/2021 - 10/19/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Fv341 2, 9990 Båtsfjord, Norway
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.