Handel & Hendrix in London General Admission
In a single street in London, separated by a wall, are the homes of two of history’s most significant musical artists. 25 Brook Street is the house that belonged to George Frideric Handel and the place where he composed some of the world’s most enduring Baroque music, including Messiah. On the top floor of 23 Brook Street is the flat where, two centuries later, Jimi Hendrix lived with his girlfriend, record player and guitar. Both were the homes of musical innovators who chose London and changed music. See them together under one roof at Handel & Hendrix in London.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- In-person guide
- Entry/Admission - Handel & Hendrix in London
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Visit: Handel & Hendrix in London, 25 Brook Street Mayfair, London W1K 4HB England
Enjoy an hour or two exploring this hidden historical gem in the heart of London. At 25 Brook Street, make your way up the wonky, 250 year old staircase and step back in time into George Frideric Handel's music rooms where he composed, rehearsed, performed and conversed with the leading musical luminaries of the baroque age. This is where he wrote Messiah, and these are the windows from which he threatened to throw opera stars when they refused to sing his arias.
Musicians are often found practicing on one of the harpsichords throughout the day, offering a beautiful atmospheric accompaniment as you make your way around Handel's house - don't miss the adjoining current exhibition celebrating the famed baroque tenor John Beard.
Making your way up to the second floor, you will find yourself in Handel's dressing room and the beautiful bedroom in which he eventually died of old age after 35 years at the heart of English music.
On the third floor of the museum, you will find yourself transported to 60s London and the height of its swinging heyday. The city which embraced one of the greatest guitarists the world has ever seen and made him famous, London, held a special place in Jimi Hendrix's heart and he described the flat he lived in with his girlfriend Kathy at 23 Brook Street as the first place he'd ever truly called home. Painstakingly recreated from intensive research and with Kathy's invaluable help on numerous tiny details, a short step away is the room made famous in copious film footage and photographs where Jimi lived, loved and played in 1969 before his tragic death just a year later at the height of his fame at the age of just 27.
Departure Point :Handel & Hendrix in London, 25 Brook Street Mayfair, London W1K 4HB England
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Hours of operation: Monday-Saturday, 11am-6pm
- Last admission: 5pm
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.