Hanoi at Night: Street Food Small Group Walking Tour
Take a walk through Hanoi’s Old Quarter street markets with a local guide who’s passionate about food, and discover the exotic flavors of Vietnam with fellow food-lovers. Sample fruit, hawker street food and local specialties like pork crepes, and visit Hanoi’s largest covered market, Dong Xuan. With a maximum of 12 participants, you’ll have a personalized experience on this walking tour of Hanoi’s best street food areas.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English speaking guide
- All food samples as per itinerary
- 3 drink items such as fruit juice, Bia hoi (local light beer)
- Drinking water to refill your bottle at the first meeting point
- Entry/Admission - Hidden Gem Coffee
- Entry/Admission - Old Quarter
- Entry/Admission - Hoan Kiem Lake Walking Street
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hidden Gem Coffee, 3B Hang Tre Street, Hoan Kiem Dist, Lý Thái Tổ, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
We will meet our guide and have a welcome drink there.
Then stroll through hidden alleyways and visit the city’s local market, Hang Be. Along the perimeter of the market, dozens of street hawkers sell a staggering variety of produce from live seafood to exotic fruits and spices.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Old Quarter, Hanoi 100000 Vietnam
We eat as we go, trying seasonal fruits and sampling a tasty local doughnut where you have chance to learn the process how the local family make doughnut including sweet and savory ones.
Our next two snack stops on our Hanoi street food tour are at food stalls of Bun Dau Met/Bun Cha. We sit down with the Hanoi locals and sample a real experience of local eating “mam tom” – shrimp paste. We can have “nuoc mam” – fish source instead.
Next street is Lo Ren which like many others in Hanoi’s old quarter and its name also represents the trade craft of iron, from here we will stop for sampling Banh Mi, a tasty Vietnamese baguette with many different choices
Walking through the maze of bustling streets that make up Hanoi’s Old Quarter, we tempt our tastebuds with the famed Hanoi dish banh cuon at a local eatery. Watch in awe as the skilled chefs demonstrate for you how this tasty dish is put together. Continuing into the atmospheric heart of the Old Quarter, we wander past street stalls and quiet residential lanes where you can observe local life that has changed little since Hanoi was founded over 1,000 years ago.
Now, it's time for a cup of Bia Hoi while we sit down and mingle with locals. This specialty is one not to be missed.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hoan Kiem Lake Walking Street, Around Hoan Kiem Lake, Hanoi 100000 Vietnam
Your local guide will then take you to one of Hanoi’s best kept secrets, a hidden café with stunning views over the picturesque Hoan Kiem Lake. This hard-to-find café is one of the few left in the city that still serves egg coffee, a scrumptious local delicacy that we will sample whilst admiring the hustle and bustle of the city centre below. Or, if coffee is not your style, a cold beer awaits!
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Hidden Gem Coffee, 3B Hang Tre Street, Hoan Kiem Dist, Lý Thái Tổ, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Old Town Cafe, 11 Hàng Gai, Hàng Trống, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội 10000, Vietnam
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Unfortunately, this tour cannot accommodate vegetarians and vegans
- Small-group tour a maximum of 12 people per tour
- We highly recommend you bring a resuable bottle of water on this walking tour as we are on the way to reducing single plastic. The chance to fill up your water bottle is provided at the first meeting point, and 3 local drinks are included in the itinerary.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.