Harar, Eastern Ethiopia; 3 Days / 2 Nights
The presence of 99 mosques made Harar to be considered as the Fourth Holiest City in Islam next to Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem. Harar is a symbol of tolerance and peaceful co-existence of peoples and religions. Harar is also famous for its “Hyena Men” who make their living by playing on remarkable show of tamed hyenas and also known by its golden coffee.In recognition of its cultural heritage, the Historic City of Harar (Jugol) was registered by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 2006. Harar is famous for its hyena feeding ceremony that take place every evening in two different sites - just outside the walls of old city. "
per adult from
What's included :
- From and to Airport Transfers Hotel Pickup and Drop Off All Entrance Fees 2 Nights Accommodation
What's excluded :
- Meals Gratitudes Personal Nature International Flights
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Harar Museum, Off of Makina Girgir in Tafari Makonnen House, Harar Ethiopia
Day 01: Flight to Dire Dawa- City Tour
You will have a check in at Bole International Airport In the early morning at 05:30. You will be arriving in Dire Dawa at 08:30am. The city is an industrial centre on the Dechatu River, and home to several markets. It lies at the foot of a ring of cliffs that has been described as "somewhat like a cluster of tea-leaves in the bottom of a slop-basin".
Old Addis-Djibouti Railway Station
Sunset and sunrise Scenes from Dechatu river basin
Overnight stay at Samrat Hotel or similar, Dire Dawa
Day 02: Full Day Visit of Harar
Morning after breakfast, you will start the full day tour in Harar for visiting the center of Arthur Rimbaud, traditional Adare Houses, the Harari museum, Ras Refri House and old Walled city gates, surrounding of the old city. Early in the evening, you will visit man feeding wild hyenas.
Arthur Rimbaud Center
Hyena Feeding Sites
Traditional Adare Houses
Ras Tafari's House
Overnight stay at Rawda Guest House or similar, Harar
Day 03: Drive to Dire Dawa and Fly Back Addis Ababa
After a relaxed breakfast and a visit to Harari traditional house, you will drive to Dire Dawa for checking in your return flight to Addis Ababa which departs at 04:00pm. Arrival at Bole International Airport will be at 05:00pm.
Duration: 3 days
Departure Point :Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Bole International Airport, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.