Harlem guided tour in French
Through this French tour of Harlem, you will dive into the heart of a district steeped in history that has crystallized the hopes of social and cultural emancipation of the African-American community.
Our French guides, expatriates in New York for years, are keen to make you spend a friendly moment full of original discoveries!
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Visit by a professional French guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Harlem, 110th to 150th streets, New York City, NY
Cradle of African-American culture and bastion of the struggle for equal rights, Harlem is no longer the ghetto it was in the 1970s. On the contrary, it has become one of the most dynamic neighborhoods and trendy New York!
And even if it was done at the cost of a certain gentrification (gentrification), the district has preserved most of its cultural heritage: street art, hip-hop, gospel, jazz and soul food!
We can't count the number of personalities who were born or lived in Harlem: Louis Armstrong, James Baldwin, Malcom X, Sugar Ray Robinson, Marcus Garvey…
So many Harlemites who have contributed to the exceptional heritage of this district steeped in history.
From Baptist churches oozing the fervor of gospel masses to the legendary hall of the Apollo Theater, from the small streets formed of typical brownstones to the prestigious Columbia University ... succumb to the discreet charm of Harlem!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :321 Lenox Ave, New York, NY 10027, USA
Return Detail :602 W 116th St, New York, NY 10027, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.