Harlem Renaissance Walking Tour with Lunch
Embark on a journey through present-day Harlem – see the people and places of the Harlem Renaissance, and discover why this time in American history was so magical and vital for African-American culture.
● Delve into the depths of this time in American history with our extremely knowledgeable guides
● Experience some of the most beautiful theaters, ballrooms, and churches in Harlem
● Visit the Abyssinian Baptist Church, Alhambra Ballroom, Hotel Theresa, and many more
● Learn about the numerous jazz clubs, speakeasies and people associated with them along the way uptown
● Learn about the importance of the 135th Street area to African-Americans in Harlem
● Find out where Langston Hughes is buried and the location of Swing Street/Jungle Alley
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Harlem, 110th to 150th streets, New York City, NY
Did you ever wonder where Jungle Alley was, or why 135th Street was such a crucial area during Harlem Renaissance? Well, now is the time to lace up your sneakers and bring your imagination. Discover some of the most beautiful and wonderful theaters, ballrooms, and churches in Harlem that thrived during the Renaissance.
Hear, see and feel the history of some of the most influential individuals who helped to cultivate this magical journey known as the Harlem Renaissance, including Langston Hughes, Pig Foot Mary, Duke Ellington, Madame CJ Walker, Jacob Lawrence, James Van Der Zee, Zora Neale Hurston and many others.
Departure Point :145 W 122nd St, New York, NY 10027, USA
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Harlem, New York, NY, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.