Harlem Sightseeing Tour
Harlem is a fabulous neighbourhood if you want to understand the heart and soul of the American south. On this tour you will walk in the footsteps of music legends such as Jackson 5 and James Brown at the Apollo Theater, feast on soul food at the various traditional hot spots and marvel at some gothic cathedrals so elaborate you'll think you're in Europe. Originally founded as a Dutch village in the 17th century, cultural revolutions and economic booms have transformed this former agricultural town into a rapidly growing city destination, and this tour will show you why.
So whether you want to find out where to eat amazing cultural food, where to hear great jazz and other live music or how to attend a true southern gospel service come join this adventure to get a true New York experience!
per adult from
What's included :
- In-person guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Harlem, 110th to 150th streets, New York City, NY
Since the 1920s, Harlem has been regarded as a neighbourhood rich in African American culture and history within music, art and literature, collectively called The Harlem Renaissance. This tour takes you on an adventures exploration of this movement and the neighbourhood that has quickly risen to one New Yorks most prominent and attractive areas to live in.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Apollo Theater, 253 W 125th St, New York, NY 10027, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.