Hawaiian Double Hull Hawaiian Canoe and Snorkel Adventure
Experience the Big Island from the sea on an outrigger canoe and snorkeling adventure. Set out aboard a traditional float-supported canoe similar to the Wa’a of Hawaii's ancestors, exploring the Pacific Ocean along the Kona Coast as they did centuries ago. Learn about local Hawaiian history from your guide as you go, then snorkel alongside schools of colorful tropical fish or simply hop into the waters for a refreshing dip.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Bottled water and snacks
What's excluded :
The outrigger canoe — Wa’a — is a sacred tradition. What was the first thing that touched land on the Hawaiian islands? A canoe.
Modern outrigger canoes, like their ancestors, are canoes that are supported by one or more floats — called outriggers — that add stability. They can be sailed, but at Anelakai Adventures we paddle them around Keauhou Bay.
Why? One of the best ways to experience the Big Island is from the ocean — and in an outrigger canoe, you can explore the Kona Coast and the Pacific Ocean the way our ancestors did.
See dolphins, fish and the majestic green sea turtle in our 24-foot, 6-seater canoes. Book a tour with a group of your own, or meet other couples and enjoy an outrigger canoe together.
On each personalized, guided outrigger canoe adventure, you’ll learn local Hawaiian history and practice ocean awareness… But most of all a canoe tour with us is about having fun and creating memories that will stay with you forever.
We customize each and every outrigger canoe tour to suit your needs, whether you are looking for a workout or a leisurely paddle and snorkel in Kona. Let us share our passion and love for the ocean with you on an outrigger canoe!
• Anelakai Adventures, 78 7138 Kaleiopapa Street, Keauhou, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740-2527
Departure Point :78-7138 Kaleiopapa St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and towel
- Not recommended for child aged 5 and under
- Subject to good weather. If canceled because of poor weather conditions you have the choice between an alternative tour date or full refund
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- We have a weight limit of 250 pounds per person
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.