Hawkesbury River Kayak Adventure
Come & explore the unspoilt wilderness on Sydney's northern doorstep, just 45 minutes from the CBD - The mighty Lower Hawkesbury. See shipwrecks and waterfalls, hear the Indigenous heritage and settlers’ history – all from our stable and stylish double sit-on top kayaks. The perfect way to experience this incredible Country.
Paddle past the towering sandstone cliffs, and pull in to untouched beaches for a tea or a coffee. Take a short hike to a clifftop lookout with breathtaking views over the meeting of the 3 great waterways: Berowra, Marramarra, and the Hawkesbury.
All food and equipment provided, no experience required. Tea, coffee, and snacks also provided. Kayaking is easy and fun for everyone, we welcome all ages, just bring a sense of adventure!
Come by train: A scenic one hour ride from Central, with trains leaving each way every hour. Or drive a car 45 minutes north from the CBD to Deerubbun Reserve boat ramp. Pick ups also available if you're staying on the river.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Kayak, paddle, lifejacket
- Snacks - Fresh Fruit
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Popran National Park
- Entry/Admission - Muogamarra Nature Reserve
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hawkesbury River NSW Brooklyn NSW, New South Wales 2083 Australia
Our adventure takes place on what the Aboriginals called Deerubbun, and is now named the mighty Hawkesbury River - Sydney's northern Boundary. An amazing waterway, full of treasures to explore.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: HMAS Parramatta, Hawkesbury River, Bar Point NSW 2083, Australia
Hear the story of how this mysterious wreck came to be on the shores of the river
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Popran National Park, Ironbark Road, Mangrove Mountain, New South Wales 2250 Australia
Paddle beneath the stunning cliffs, and pull into an untouched beach for some light refreshments - tea, coffee, fruit, nuts. Option to climb up to the base of a waterfall for the extra adventurous.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bar Island Historic Site, Berowra Creek Hawkesbury River, Berowra Waters, Hornsby, New South Wales Australia
Weather, moods, and time permitting, we can paddle across the river to this little island - A site which has been significant for the inhabitants of the river since time began. The ancient midden, and the more recent ruins of a church and cemetery, silently remind us of the history of the river.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Milson Island Sport and Recreation Centre, PMB 11, Milsons Passage NSW 2083, Australia
Hear the history of this remarkable island - how it went from a drunk tank, to an insane asylum, to now a sport and recreation centre for children's school camps
Pass By: Peat Island, Mooney Mooney NSW 2083, Australia
Pass by the supposedly haunted remains of one of Sydney's first mental asylums
Stop At: Muogamarra Nature Reserve, Old Pacific Highway, Sydney, New South Wales Australia
An optional hike to the top of the cliffs behind Milsons Passage for an incredible view of the meeting of the three great waterways - Marramarra , Berowra, and The Hawkesbury River.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Deerubbun Boat Ramp, Mooney Mooney NSW 2083, Australia
2: Hawkesbury River Station, Brooklyn NSW 2083, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact us to confirm pick up details as it may not always be possibleAirports
- Sydney Airport, Airport Dr, Mascot, Botany Bay, New South Wales 2020 Australia
- Sydney Overseas Passenger Terminal
- White Bay Cruise Terminal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.