Hekla Adventure by Super Jeep
This is truly a voyage you don´t want to miss! With its rhyolite mountains, geothermal areas, black sand desert, canyons, glaciers, volcanoes, waterfalls and so much more...
So if you dare, come with us for this thrilling drive up Hekla volcano. We'll search the signs of these gatherings and while doing so get a gorgeous panoramic view over the highlands and the south coast of Iceland. As we're making our way towards Laugavegur, Iceland´s most popular hiking trail, our F road takes us directly on to the hiking trail in parts, leading us up to a few mountain huts, fx. Álftavatn and Emstur.
**We always try to fit our trips to our guests needs and wishes**
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- This tour begins at 10am from our base at Gljúfrabúi, Road 249, just 500m from Seljalandsfoss Waterfall.
We also offer the option of being picked up from your accommodation in postcodes 850 / 851 / 860 / 861. We will return you back to your hotel accommodation after a fantastic day of adventure.Please contact us if you wish to arrange this.
Our trip begins at Mt. Hekla, one of Iceland's most active volcano. It was labeled “The gateway to Hell” after it's 1104 eruption. That reputation grew with its 1341 eruption. People reported seeing birds fly amidst the fire with some believing it to be swarming souls from hell. Even today some say Hekla has preserved its diabolic status, claiming it the spot where witches encounter the devil!
We end our Super Jeep tour in Fljótshlíð, a beautiful farmland where the Njáls Saga took place. In Fljótshlíð you truly get a change to experience Iceland's authentic countryside.
Tour Highlights can include:
• Hekla volcano
• Syðra Fjallabak
• Markarfljótsgljúfur canyon
• Super Jeep Adventure
What to bring:
As we will be spending time in the unpredictable Icelandic weather, it is important to be prepared. We recommend warm outdoor clothing including:
• Waterproof jacket and trousers
• Warm head wear, for example, woolen hat/balaclava
• Appropriate hiking boots/shoes are requires
• Snacks or lunch
Departure Point :Gljufrabui, Þórsmerkurvegur, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.