Heraklion Bites and Sights Morning Small Group Tour
Bypass the concrete and head straight for the heart of Heraklion. Hit the backstreets and hidden pathways, checking out the highlights, sampling local treats, and discovering all the forces that have combined to make Heraklion the city it is today.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food and beverage samples as indicated in the itinerary, rusks, olives and cheese, coffee or soft drink
- A meze platter
- Entry/Admission - Liberty (eleftherias) Square
- Entry/Admission - Morosini Fountain (Lion's Fountain)
- Entry/Admission - 25th of August Street
- Entry/Admission - Old Venetian Harbor
- Entry/Admission - Heraklion 1866
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drink
- Items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for your local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Liberty (eleftherias) Square, Plateia Eleftherias, Heraklion, Crete 712 01 Greece
Our guide will be standing on the square holding an Urban Adventures sign. Our guide will start the tour with an introduction of the historical past.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Morosini Fountain (Lion's Fountain), Heraklion, Crete Greece
Our first stop is for a traditional Greek coffee to get the energy to walk around but also learn some future secrets of cup reading!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: 25th of August Street, Heraklion, Crete 712 02 Greece
Continue your journey with your local guide to the busy commercial areas of Heraklion, sampling many flavors along the way. You will try koulouri and olives, cheese and local pastries
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Old Venetian Harbor, Leoforos Nearchou, Heraklion, Crete 712 02 Greece
Walkthrough the famous historical monuments of Heraklion.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Venetian Walls and Tomb of Nikos Kazantzakis, Heraklion, Crete 71202 Greece
Admire the city from above the walls.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Heraklion 1866, 1866, Heraklion, Crete 712 01 Greece
Finish the tour with mouthwatering local tapas and a glass of wine.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Eleftherias Square, Pl. Eleftherias, Iraklio 712 01, Greece
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Heraklion, Greece
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small group of a maximum of 12 people
- As this is a walking tour, we advise you wear comfortable walking shoes. During summer, don’t forget your sunglasses and a camera, of course, as Heraklion is sure to amaze you!
- The guide will point out places of interest, such as museums, and make recommendations of places that participants can visit in their own time after the tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: On this tour you will visit 100% local, family-owned businesses and meet vendors at a local market who sell their own and Cretan-only products.
- All of the food you sample during your tour is locally sourced from villages, farmers, and stock-breeders of Crete
- You'll have the chance to buy from stores and eateries and support locals that don’t generally benefit from tourism.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.