Herculaneum for Families Private Tour
An amazing private half-day tour to discover Ancient Herculaneum with your family. Avoid the crowds of Pompeii: ancient Herculaneum is smaller than Pompeii but as well preserved and so much more enjoyable. History, Art, Landscape, Archaeology, Volcanoes: an entertaining and learning experience for the whole family. Herculaneum for families is a tour designed and operated expressly to make the best of your experience with children. Different activities, games, riddles, and more. The tour offers private transport from your place in Sorrento and a professional guide expert in Roman Archaeology to meet on the site. You will also receive a special Herculaneum4kids booklet to continue your discovery on your own after the tour.
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Blue Badge guide
- On-tour-activities for children, special map and stickers
- Herculaneum4Kids post-tour activity book
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Parco Acheologico di Ercolano
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco Acheologico di Ercolano, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano Italy
Your private guide will introduce your family to the marvels of this incredibly preserved ancient roman town. The tour has a specific focus on the kids to make it an entertaining and learning experience, however, we will see all the highlights of the excavations.
You will discover streets, shops, homes, and bath-houses of ancient Herculaneum. We will see the victims of the eruption at the ancient marina and the remains of the carbonized fishing boat. We shall also visit the small interesting museum with many extraordinary objects found during the excavations. You will find out how advanced Romans were!
“Herculaneum for kids” is recommended for children between 6 and 11 years. A specific map, funny tools, stickers, and the activity book will stimulate and interact with your kids. The tour is led by a certified guide specifically trained for this activity.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Pass By: Vesuvius National Park, Via Palazzo del Principe, 80044 Ottaviano Italy
We will see the volcano from the bottom. You can take great pictures at Mount Vesuvius from Herculaneum. We are not going to drive to the top of the volcano.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up in Sorrento from hotels, vacation rentals, train station, and cruiseterminal/port. Please specify the pick up place required while booking.Ports
- Port of Sorrento, Via Marina Piccola, 35, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear appropriate shoes. Sun gears from May to September
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.