Heritage & Cultural Walk of Madurai (2 Hours Guided Walking Tour)
Experience authentic Madurai on this amazing walking tour of the old town with our fun and entertaining storytellers. This walking tour will give you a great induction of the city, its history, its vibrant culture, and its people with lots of wonderful stories about the city, fun facts and must do things in the city.
Our walks are blend of historical elucidation and curious anecdote laced with mildly scurrilous talk about past and present celebrities and defunct royals. We will cover some of the city highlights along with hidden places and forgotten nooks of the old city during the walk.
1. Explore Madurai beyond the typical tourist spots and enjoy the stories and tales about the city from your guide
2. See the city through the eyes of a local and discover the numerous mesmerizing places Madurai has to offer.
3. Capture the vibrant atmosphere of this colorful city on this memorable walking tour with an infotainment-style ensuring that you will not be bored.
per adult from
What's included :
- Highly trained and friendly Storyteller/ Guide who can speak English & Hindi
- Great local tips and recommendations to save money and to explore the best of the city.
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pickup and Drop
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: St. Mary's Cathedral, E Veli St, Mahalipatti, Tamil Nadu 625001, India
Our walking tour start from the St Mary's Cathedral gothic styled church and from here we will start exploring the city's gems that you would easily miss if you are exploring the city on our own.
Pass By: Thirumalai Nayakar Mahal, Mahal Vadampokki St Near Meenakshi Temple, Madurai 625001 India
We will cover the Thirumalai Palace from outside, the 17th-century palace erected by King Tirumala Nayaka, a king of Madurai's it is a classic fusion of Dravidian and Rajput styles.
Pass By: East Marret Street, E Marret St, Komathipuram, Simmakkal, Madurai Main, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625001, India
We will continue exploring the bustling markets of the city with eateries, craft vendors, apparel & an iconic building.
Pass By: Nandhi Statue, E Avani Moola St, Madurai Main, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625001, India
After covering different markets, we will give you the 360 degree view and glimpses of Meenakashi Amma Temple from Nandi Statue.
Pass By: Madurai Meenakshi Amman Temple, Venmani Rd, Sellur, Madurai 625002 India
Our tour end at Meenakshi Temple, after covering different aspects of ancient, walled, Hindu place of worship with sacred water tank and colorful, sculpted gate towers.
Departure Point :St. Mary's Cathedral, E Veli St, Mahalipatti, Tamil Nadu 625001, India
Return Detail :Meenakshi Amman Temple, Madurai Main, Madurai, Tamil Nadu 625001, India
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.