Heritage of Yangon: Food & Walking Tour
Join this special food & walking tour and explore the variety of Burmese cuisine as well as the most beautiful colonial buildings in whole Southeast Asia! This tour will introduce you to typical Burmese dishes and the country's rich history. Your guide will show you some hidden treasures and take you to places, where fewer tourists visit.
per adult from
What's included :
- English-speaking guide
- Half-day sightseeing tour
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yangon (Rangoon), Yangon (Rangoon), Yangon Region
You will meet your guide in the morning at the starting point. First, you will enjoy a typical Burmese breakfast - choose between the famous dishes of Seven Layered Dumplings or Shan Noodles. Afterwards, your guide will take you to the former business district of Yangon. Here you will find the most beautiful colonial buildings in whole South East Asia. Pass by the boulevard-like Pansodan Street, which is famous for its British colonial-era buildings and streetside bookstalls.
Your guide will take you to hidden treasures and explain history. Before lunch, head to Bogyoke Aung San market, a popular market among locals where you can buy local handicrafts, clothing or jewelry. The tour ends at Bogalayzay Street - one of the most beautiful streets in Yangon and the former administrative seat of British Burma. You will find lots of social enterprises and unique shops around here. Moreover, you will enjoy a delicious lunch at the Pansuriya restaurant, which is also a popular spot for local artists.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Maha Bandula Park Street, Maha Bandula Park St, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :The Secretariat Office, Unnamed Road, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.