Heritage Walk In The Lanes Of Lucknow
Lucknow or the City of the Nawabs as it is also known has several buildings that reflect the architectural style of the former Kingdom of Awadh. On this Heritage Walk, discover the charms of a bygone era as you walk through narrow and crowded lanes that are lined with colorful bazaars and old buildings.
• Old buildings
• Colorful bazaars
• Traditional shops
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Wet-tissues, notes & map
- Services of a heritage walk leader / guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lucknow, Lucknow, Lucknow District, Uttar Pradesh
You will be picked up from your hotel in the afternoon and taken to the historic Gol Darwaza, the starting point of the Heritage Walk.
Made famous by a Nawab who loved to fly kites here, this old gateway has seen innumerable marriage processions and has been the centre of political activity during the Freedom Movement. From here explore the narrow lanes of the Chowk area that are sequestered by even narrower houses on either side. Your guide will explain the culture, people and lifestyle of Lucknow as you walk through this part of the city where history spills out from the confines of old buildings onto the narrow lanes below.
As you walk through crowded and colorful bazaars, soak in the sights and sounds of this vibrant city. The Walk will end at Akbari Gate, a gateway that was constructed in the 16th century during the reign of the Mughal Emperor Akbar.
At the end of the walk you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Lucknow, Lucknow, Lucknow District, Uttar Pradesh
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport, Amausi, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226009, India
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.