Herzegovina Wine and Food Experience
This tour takes us in two of the most charismatic and respected winemakers in Bosnia&Herzegovina, both based in the picturesque wine country of Mostar.
Family Čorić in his sensational wine tasting cellars Andrija, which are based on the rocky desert-like plateau, and his exceptional use of indigenous grapes as well as international varieties is a wonderful journey of discovery.
Much smaller in production, but far more experimental with his unique organic wines made from indigenous grapes from Herzegovina, Josip Brkić candlelit tasting experience in his family wine cellar could not be more intimate. Add to that a selection of his excellent flavoured olive oils, and here is the perfect introduction to the fruits of Herzegovina, expertly handled.
We have carefully created this tour to showcase the incredible beauty of the Mostar area and to introduce you to the best eats and drinks that the Herzegovina has to offer.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Experienced tour driver-guide for small groups or individuals
- Pick up and comfortable drive in a fully equipped air con vehicle to the starting point and return to your place
- Guided ride along the hidden beauties of the Mostar vineyards and western Herzegovina
- Explore 2 carefully selected winery of the Herzegovina wine route and meet the local winemakers
- Learn about wine production and culture from old wine-growing region
- Wine tasting & sampling from wooden and inox barrels (cca 5 samples in each cellar)
- Herzegovinian meze (tapas) with delicious local home-made food
- The best recommendations for unforgettable gourmet experience and a pleasant atmosphere as well as for finding the best local products
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Explore wine-growing area of Herzegovina region in one day! This is the only area in Bosnia&Herzegovina with the dominant influence of the Mediterranean climate, which affects local wines, cuisine and people.
You will be discovering 2 of the finest boutique wineries that the Mostar area has to offer, and having a day of wine adventuring, gorgeous views, and fun. Plan for a delightful 5 – 6 hour day tour packed with wine, views, and laughs.
Leave the city behind and take a relaxing day tour into the countryside where we combine the best of the history, the Neretva river valley, and the vines. You’ll discover some of our favourite hidden treasures and sample a wide variety of the Herzegovinian’s finest indigenous wines.
As we make our way south of Mostar, enjoy the views as we take you through the picturesque Imperial vineyards and magnificent valley of Neretva river. These vineyards date back to the Austro-Hungarian times when the golden age of our viticulture began by the revival of wine-growing, which was done by the Habsburgs.
Our journey to the wine country from the picture-postcard valley of Neretva river takes us up winding hill roads. The view below of a patchwork of bright green vineyards is truly breathtaking. Andrija wine cellar is situated at the very heart of this hilly region. The high quality Andrija wines are the result of natural blessings like its sunny slopes, karst soil structure, famous bora and jugo winds and favorable Mediterranean climate. Here we will visit the house of the rural tourism and winery Andrija Paoča, we will drive with the wine train to the vineyards where we have an opportunity to learn about history of wine growing in this area, and taste the wine and local food ( homemade young cheese “Škripavac”, homemade bread, smoked ham etc)
Then we will pass on to the Brkić wine cellar in the town of Čitluk. Using biodynamic practices and indigenous grapes, Brkić is making very pure and effusive wines and Mjesečar, a skin-fermented white wine made from 100% Žilavka, is exceptional. Mjesečar means the Moon Walker in Bosnian and it is Josip’s first wine made in a complete organic way. Sitting around the table, drinking wine and eating famous sheep cheese, local high quality olive oil, fig jam and homemade prosciutto with the Brkić family, you feel like you’ve been invited into a family member’s home for a pleasant getaway.
This wine tasting include 5 samples in each cellar.
To keep you going on this full-day wine extravaganza, we will stop for a delicious lunch (optionally) at one of the best restaurants on the hills. Here we can find the best lamb on the spit. In this restaurant, it is also possible to taste home-made table wines and other delicious local products. When you marry a good wine with a local gastronomy such as Herzegovinian prosciutto, cheese, lamb or brodeto (a stew made from frogs and eels) then the pleasure is ultimate.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.