Hidden Gems of Bucharest Tour
Visit places only 10% of ‘Bucharestians’ know about such as romantic neighborhoods full of history and charm ready to be explored. Get inside tips from your local guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- One refreshment
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Discover the history, the architecture and charm of some places most locals don’t even know exist.
The evolution of Bucharest is one of the best instances of the ambiguous relationship existing between the Romanian lands and the Ottoman Empire. Although it was not an Ottoman town, it shared many aspects with towns in the Ottoman area of influence.
One of these shared aspects was the division by Mahallas. Mahallas were small quarters of the town which arose around a religious building and which were often inhabited by a homogeneous community of people belonging to the same ethnic, social or religious groups.
As the town grew, mahallas fused with each other giving birth to wider neighborhoods that suffered through waves of modernization, earthquakes, wars and Ceausescu's demolition projects. This was the fate of neighborhoods like the Armenian Quarter, Mantuleasa, the Old Jewish Quarter & Batistei. Discover and learn about all the mixtures of architecture, cultures and cuisines.
Walking around the oldest parts of the city can make you thirsty, so, to top it all off, also included is some leisure time in Bucharest’s most beautiful summer gardens and teahouses, some of them are in 100-year-old houses. Stop and take some refreshments (own expense).
Departure Point :Teatrul Național București, Bulevardul Nicolae Bălcescu nr. 2, București 010051, Romania
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :KFC Leonida, Bulevardul General Gheorghe Magheru 28-30, București 010325, Romania
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.