Hidden Peloponnese Private Tour
This full day tour is perfect for those who want to leave the city behind for a day & explore one of Greece's most naturally beautiful regions and its wealth of hidden gems.
Through the olive groves & orchards of the Peloponnese your tour heads towards the stunning geography of the Menalon Mountain range & Louisos Gorge area where you will stop at the extensive Capsia Caves before passing though the stone villages to visit a Water Mill & Museum & amazing window into pre-industrial culture & life in Greece. We visit the dramatic Lousios Gorge & river, one of the most impressive Monasteries which Hang from its cliffs & end with an idyllic lunch amidst this area of hidden Greece & timeless nature.
Carried out in the company of your professional, informative & helpful English speaking Tour Driver and in one of our new Mercedes, AudiA6 with Wifi, A/C & bottled water along the way, you will also enjoy your tour in style & comfort and for a hassle free experience choose our Lunch Option.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All vehicles with WiFi, A/C, Chilled Bottled Water
- Athens Hotel, Residence or Cruise ship pickup & return
- Flexible pick up time on request
- First class transport: Mercedes EClass Sedan; Minivan or Sprinter
- Professional English speaking experienced Tour driver throughout the day
What's excluded :
- Athens Airport transfers or pickup locations outside Athens: arranged on request with extra cost
- Food and drinks unless specified
- Any entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Offshore Hydropower Museum
- Entry/Admission - New Moni Panagias Filosofou
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vytina, Vytina, Arkadia Region, Peloponnese
CAPSIA CAVES: Before reaching the village of Vitina our first stop is at one of the most hidden beauty spots in Greece, the Capsia Caves where you can explore this immense cave system which spans over 4 Miles (6km), where many artefacts from Neolithic fossils to clay lamps from the 4th Century have been recovered.
Famous for its white, yellow, red, green, and light blue colourations it has a great many stalactites and stalagmites which are most dramatic in the "Chamber of Wonders'.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Offshore Hydropower Museum, Kefalari Ai-Yianni, Dimitsana 220 07 Greece
Your view of Greece and understanding of its local culture will be forever changed & enriched by your visit to this museum which provides an amazing window into the society of past generations and moreover, a world of lost sustainability. You will not only learn about the integral value of these water mills which were spread all over pre-industrial Greece, but see many skills & crafts brought to life again before your eyes in this working facility & Museum.
Such mills were a hub of life. Most simply in the production of flour & bread, they also provided everything from a point of trade where people met to exchange ideas & culture, to a place where local artisans produced leather & textiles, where clothes & other household items were carried for washing & grapes were processed into spirits such as 'raki'. This particular Mill also played a key Historical role in gunpowder production in the 1821 war of independence.
Set in tranquil surrounding this is a real highlight for anyone interested in learning & connecting with the local culture of a bygone era.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lousios River, Lousios Gorge, Dimitsana Greece
The Lousios River cuts a deep gorge where you can follow a path down to its shady waters to cool off your feet in its pure water amidst the surrounding forest and is a great time out to enjoy the natural beauty of this area during your trip.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: New Moni Panagias Filosofou, Moni Emialon i Filosofou 220 07, Greece
The Lousios gorge is also known as the "Mount Athos of the Peloponnese" due to the many Monasteries that can be found hidden high up in the sides of its steep cliffs. On our tour we take time to visit one of the most beautifully located and largest, the Prodromou Monastery which can be reached after a 10 minute walk from the road along a stone path & where you can ascend to be welcomed by the local monks with a Traditional Greek Coffee & sweet they produce.
On entering you will have the impression that nothing has changed in the hundreds of years since this Monastery was founded as you gaze at its rock frescos from as far back as the 16th Century and learn more about the role of Greek life & History, or just enjoy the peaceful panoramic views over the Gourge below in this isolated place of nature & peace.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Stemnitsa, Stemnitsa, Arkadia Region, Peloponnese
For our lunch stop we visit Stemnitsa, one of the most beautiful villages of the Peloponnese with its stone-built houses & mansions & find a sense of timelessness amongst the mountain views. With many local arts & craft shops this is also an ideal place to just wonder through & pick up some local 'Mountain tea' forest Honey, or a souvenir of your time.
Take the time you need here to stop, or make things hassle free by choosing the Lunch Option where we will have the best table waiting for you in one of the best local restaurants where you will enjoy a traditional 3-course meal of your choice before continuing.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
o Pick up time flexible on request. We suggest 07:30 but if a later time is preferred we will start according to your needso For Airport pickup and locations outside of Athens there may be a supplement. We will advise on booking.o For Airbnb's please provide the exact addresso If you have luggage please provide details of quantity so we may provide the appropriate vehicleAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Athens Cruise ship Port
- Athens, Piraeus Port
- Nafplion 1841, I. Kapodistriou 9, Nafplio 211 00, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- FAMILY FRIENDLY. For family groups our tours arre specially tuned for the needs of young group members, with more Mythological commentary & a book presentation to keep
- LUNCH INCLUDED TOUR OPTION: If booking with our lunch option please advise of any allergies or associated problems & preferences. Alcoholic drinks are not included.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our Health & Safety Measures: All our Tours are private so you will never mix with another group. Our vehicles are thoroughly cleaned after each tour, equipped with face-masks, hand sanitizer, & seats next to your driver remain free.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.