Hidden Treasures of the Marais Kids and Family Tour
Join an expert local guide and discover the secrets of the Parisian’s favorite part of Paris. Le Marais is not only one of the most historic districts of Paris, but nowadays also one of the most fashionable and the most fun! The Marais combines centuries of history, sumptuous architecture, cutting edge fashion, an innovative food scene, fantastic museums for all the family and some of the best street art in the city. This 2 hour walking tour has been specially designed so that it can be enjoyed by all the family, including children of all ages.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided visit of the Marais
- Expert, licensed English-speaking tour guide specialized in working with children
- Specially designed materials for children
- Small groups of 12 people or fewer
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Tips (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Le Marais, Le Marais, Paris, Ile-de-France
Napoleon III tore down most of the old city of Paris in the 1860’s, replacing it with the wide boulevards and elegant architecture that we see throughout the rest of the city, but the Marais was spared and retains the old world charm of narrow, winding streets, hidden courtyards and beautiful medieval and Renaissance mansions. It’s the perfect place to explore ‘en famille’!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hotel de Sens, 1 rue du Figuier, 75004 Paris France
See the the Hotel de Sens, a magnificent palace built in 1500 - children will love searching for the cannonball still lodged in the wall!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Place des Vosges 4th Arrondissement, 75004 Paris France
You’ll see the magnificent Place des Vosges, one of the most beautiful squares in the city and a favorite picnic spot in summer. Hear stories of kings jousting and see if you can tell the difference between the real and fake facades!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: La Rue des Rosiers, Rue des Rosiers, 75004 Paris France
Discover cool boutiques on the rue des Francs Bourgeois and stroll by the café terraces, perfect for sitting and watching the world go by. You’ll visit the traditional Jewish quarter, where you can taste the best falafel in the city and don’t forget to check out some of the newest and best pastry shops in the city!
Along the way, younger visitors can keep their eyes open for all kinds of street art - from space invaders to painted murals, decorated street signs and pasted paper art, there is something to spot on every corner!
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Centre Pompidou, Place Georges Pompidou, 75004 Paris France
Walk past the iconic Centre Pompidou, so scandalous when it was first built, now loved by locals and visitors alike - home to the largest museum of modern art in Europe.
Pass By: Place de l'Hotel de Ville Entrée au 5 rue Lobeau ou au 29 rue de Rivoli, 75004 Paris France
See the fairytale architecture of Paris’ City Hall, and end your tour with a stroll by the riverside.
Dynamic and modern, yet steeped in history and overflowing with charm, the Marais is the perfect place to wander, accompanied by a passionate local guide, and soak up the atmosphere of contemporary and historical Paris. Not only do the Parisians adore the Marais, most visitors also fall in love with this very special part of the city. We’re sure you’ll want to come back again and again.
Specially designed materials for children will be provided to ensure that younger members of the family are able to participate every step of the way. Our guides are all fully licensed and specialised in leading tours for groups of all ages.
Departure Point :14 Quai de l'Hôtel de ville, 75004 Paris, France
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :Le Marais, Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are compliant with international, government and local protocols and have received the stamps of approval: ‘Safe Travels’ Global Tour Operator protocol, ‘Caring Attitude’ Paris Tourism Commitment Charter. Our guides are informed of all measures that should be implemented during our visits.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.