Hidden Venice on Caorlina Rowing Boat
We will meet on fondamenta Sant'Anna, at the end of via Garibaldi, in the heart of Castello neighborhood.
We will navigate through the canals along the Arsenale walls telling you its amazing history and see the shipyards and towers from the water (25 min), as shipmen have done since 1104 AD. Seeing St. Peter's church, we will enter the Arsenale basin where you will have the chance to try rowing (35 min) and will come back to the meeting point.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
Explore a hidden area of Venice in a traditional Caorlina rowing boat, an antique lagoon boat used for transportation and fishing. The Caorlina can host 8 people seated and it's rowed by two oarsmen.
At the beginning of the experience, we will navigate slowly through the canals of the Castello sestiere (east part of the Venice historical island) where locals live. You will see an authentic area & neighborhood where most of the tourists will never go, smaller and bigger canals with local boats and typical houses.
Then we will access to the EXCLUSIVE zone of the Arsenale basin, where you will be introduced to the Venetian rowing technique "Voga alla Veneta" and you will have the opportunity to try to row yourself in this unique area.
Get ready to learn the history of the Arsenale shipyard, founded in 1104, during the Venetian Republic era, and see the magnificent St. Peter's basilica designed by Andrea Palladio in the 16th century and its leaning tower bell in Istrian stone.
The Experience lasts 1 hour.
Departure and arrival place: Sant'Anna canal.
This experience benefits Remiera Casteo, a non-profit sports association officially registered since 1977. Thanks for your support
• Arsenale di Venezia, Campo San Biagio Castello 2148, 30122 Venice Italy
Departure Point :Fondamenta Sant'Anna, Fondamenta S Anna, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.