Highclere Castle Express from London
Travel from London by executive coach to the home of the Grantham Family in Downton Abbey, Highclere Castle. Day trip includes round trip transfers from London in an executive vehicle, and entry to Highclere Castle and gardens.
per adult from
What's included :
- Round trip transport by executive vehicle
- Entry to Highclere Castle
- Entry/Admission - Highclere Castle
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Lunch - Please note no food and drinks are included in the price of this tour.
- This service includes transfers & entry ticket to Highclere Castle. This service is not guided.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Highclere Castle Highclere Park, Newbury RG20 9RN England
Depart London and drive away from the city towards the South West of England, a journey that takes approximately 90 minutes from London.
On arrival at Highclere Castle there will be time to enjoy the beautiful gardens; The Monk’s Garden, White Border, Secret Garden and Wood of Goodwill. There will be time for lunch, or a snack in the Tearooms where you can enjoy light lunches or afternoon teas made in the Castle kitchens, (please note that food and drink are not included) before entering Highclere Castle for an afternoon visit. You will have approximately 4 hours at the Castle.
The Carnarvon family has lived at Highclere since 1679. Major rebuilding work was carried out in the 18th and 19th centuries, and in 1838, the 3rd Earl of Carnarvon brought in Sir Charles Barry to transform his home into a truly stunning mansion. During the First World War the Castle was transformed into a hospital, returning to a private home in 1922. To this day the current (8th) Earl and Countess of Carnarvon live partly in the Castle and partly nearby, but remain closely involved in the Castle's day to day life and future. On entry to Highclere Castle visitors follow a route through the Castle through with guides in each State room. The State rooms include the Saloon, Library, Dining room, Music room, Drawing room and Smoking room. Visitors can then go up the Red Stairs to view some of the Bedrooms and the Gallery, before walking down the Oak staircase back to the Saloon in the heart of the house. Many of the rooms from the series can be seen on the tour including the Parlour where the Crawleys take tea, the bedrooms and of course the Dining room (scene of many family arguments!).
Return to London, the coach will drop off at Victoria coach and train station, which has excellent links for forward travel throughout London and beyond. You will arrive back in central London by appropriately 4.30pm, depending on traffic conditions.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Hard Rock Cafe, Great Cumberland Pl, Marble Arch, Marylebone, London W1H 7DL, UK
Departure Time :11:15 AM
Return Detail :London Victoria Rail Station, Victoria, London SW1W 0AH, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note: this trip is not accompanied by a professional guide. On entry to Highclere Castle there are staff available in selected rooms to answer questions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- 50% of all available seats will be left empty to ensure customer space and distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.