Highlights Of Ethiopia: The Historic Route & Tribes Of The Omo Valley 13 Days
This 13 Days tour takes you the Classic Historic Route of Ethiopia & Tribes of the Omo Valley. On this trip you will be privileged to witness the ancient African civilization and well preserved old culture of the northern Ethiopia with its breathtaking mountainous landscape to the isolated tribes of the Omo Valley and their unique traditions.
• Visit 5 UNESCO World heritage sites
• Discover the living wonders of the world
• Explore the ancient city of Axum the last resting place of the Ark of the Covenants
• Visit the fairytale castles of Gonder
• Embark on a boat cruise to visit the island monasteries of Lake tana
• Visit the source of the Blue Nile & Blue Nile Falls
• Explore remote tribal villages in the Omo Valley
• Attend cultural activities and visit courful tribal markets in the Omo
• Enjoy city tour of Addis Ababa
per adult from
What's included :
- roundtrip as per program
- all necessary transfers
- 12 nights accommodation in good hotels (4-star in Addis Abeba) in double rooms
- all meals as stated in the program
- Englishand German speaking, qualified national tour guide
- farewell-dinner (flight schedule permitting)
- National Park fees
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- visa fees
- meals not stated in the program
- all expenses of personal nature (drinks, laundry, phone calls etc.
- domestic flights
- Day 1: Arrive Addis Ababa
Arrive in Addis Ababa (ADD), he rest of the day, you will have city tour of Addis Ababa
Day 2: Addis Ababa- Bahirdar (B-D)
Fly to Bahirdar. At Bahirdar, Boat cruise over Lake Tana. In the afternoon you will drive 35 KM to visit the majestic Blue Nile Falls.
Day 3: Bahirdar -Gondar –UNESCO World Heritage Site (B-D)
Drive to Gondar through the beautiful countryside This afternoon, you will visit the ancient city.
Day 4: Gondar-Axum-UNESCO World Heritage Site (B- D)
Flight to Axum. In the afternoon you will start to visit the ancient city of Axum.
Day 6: Axum-Lalibela -UNESCO’s World Heritage Site. (B-D)
Flight to Lalibela, You will visit te first group of churches.
Day 6: Asheten Mariam-Lalibela (B-D)
Mule ride, and /or walk to the top of Asheten Mariam Monastery, Afternoon visit to other St. Lalibela’s remarkable churches.
Day 7: Lalibela-Addis Ababa-Langano (B-D)
Flight to Addis Ababa. Drive to Lake Langano. Stop at Lake Ziway.
Day 8: Langano-Dorze-Arbaminch (B-D)
When we approach Arbaminch town, we will make visit mountain village of Chencha This is the home of the Dorze people.
Day 9: Arbaminch-Jinka (B-Picknic Lunch-D)
Drive to Jinka en-route visiting different cultural people which include the Konso, Tsemai, and Ari.
Day 10: Jinka-Mago-Mursi-Jinka (B- Picknic Lunch-D)
Drive from Jinka to Mursi Village. The Mursi are best known for their unique item of decoration, lip plates.
Picnic lunch in the Mago National Park and drive to Turmi.
Day 11: Turmi-Omorate (B-Picknic Lunch- D)
Drive to Omorate to visit the Desanech (Geleb). In the afternoon, we will drive to Hamer Village. The Hamer, display an elaborate and diverse selection of body decorations.
Day 12: Turmi-Arbaminch (B-D)
Drive back to Arbaminch with brief stops to visit different villages including Erbore and Tsemay.
In the afternoon, we will have a boat cruise over Lake Chamo to see some of the biggest African crocodiles. Hippopotamus and many beautiful aquatic birds.
Day 13: Arbaminch – Tia Stele (UNESCO World Heritage Site) - Addis Ababa-Departure (B-D)
In the morning, drive back to Addis Ababa en-route visiting the pre historic Tyia Steles.In the evening, there will be farewell dinner party transfer to Addis Ababa airport for the flight back home. End of tour!
Departure Point :Addis Ababa Airport after tour
Departure Time :After arrival in Addis Ababa
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Meet your tourguide outside of the terminal!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.