Highlights of Nicosia from Limassol
Visit Nicosia, the capital of Cyprus. Discover the Liberty Monument and the Cathedral of St John located in the centre of old town of Nicosia. Despite its modest exterior, the interior of The Cathedral of St John will take you by surprise.You'll be taken on a walking tour through the partially car-free old town within the Venetian Walls. After crossing the UN buffer zone into occupied, you will enjoy coffee and a sweet treat. Once in the occupied part of Nicosia, you will visit Buyuk Han and Ayia Sofia Church. Ample free time will be provided for shopping or for lunch. For those interested, the guide will wait for you at a pre-arrange time outside Leventis Museum for a visit. This tour ends with your drop off back at your centrally located hotel.
Please remember to take your passport / ID card in case you wish to cross the line.
per adult from
10 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English speaking professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Ledra Street Crossing Point
- Entry/Admission - Buyuk Han
- Entry/Admission - Selimiye Mosque
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St John's Cathedral, Plateia Achiepiskopou Kyprianou, Nicosia Cyprus
Discover the Cathedral of St John located in the centre of old town of Nicosia. Despite its modest exterior, the interior of The Cathedral of St John will take you by surprise.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Liberty Monument, Podocatro Bastion, Nicosia Cyprus
Visit the Liberty Monument located on the Podocatro Bastion of the city walls, close to the old aqueduct and a couple of minutes walk from the Famagusta Gate.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Ledra Street Crossing Point, Ledra Street, Nicosia Cyprus
Walk towards the UN Buffer Zone at the end of Ledra Street.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Buyuk Han, Nicosia Cyprus
Visit Boyuk Han.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Selimiye Mosque, Nicosia Cyprus
Visit Agia Sophia Cathedral in occupied Nicosia
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Leventis Municipal Museum of Nicosia, 15 -17 Hippocrates Street, Nicosia 1500 Cyprus
Learn the history of the city of Nicosia, from antiquity to the present era which unfolds in a complex of traditional buildings located in the old city within the walls
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Limassol City, Limassol City, Limassol
Traveler pickup is offered
We provide pick up from selected hotels in Limassol town. Participants are required to contact the local provider to confirm their pick up location and time at least 48 hours before excursion date.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/1/2021 - 11/30/2021
Tuesday: 08:30 AM - 09:30 AM Friday: 08:30 AM - 09:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Appropriate clothing is required to visit the churches and monastery. Sleeveless clothing, shorts and short skirts are prohibited
- Please note that the operational program is subject to change.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Valid passport or EU ID-card is required to cross the UN buffer zone
- Not recommended for travelers with difficulties in walking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 55 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Destination Services Cyprus