Hike and Bike Tour to Columbia River Gorge Waterfalls
Our tour provides the best of its category -- best bicycles, best guides, best vehicles, best snacks! We transport our guests and bikes in Mercedes Sprinters, and our guides ride with our very small groups. You'll get personal attention and the safest experience we can provide.
Like no other active tour of the gorge, we tell the stories that are just beginning to awaken from this place. Beyond the 180 years of pioneers and loggers, before the century-old highway, this was the land of people with a rich mythology. We tell the stories that have been told to us by the indigenous people as best we can. But what's most important, we remember the long long history this place holds.
Our tour also provides the most active hiking and visits waterfalls you will not see on other tours.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Snacks - The best locally-made trail mix we've ever had
- Bottled water - We'll bring reusable bottles if you've left your own at home!
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (always appreciated by our passionate guides!)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, Oregon
After we fit you for bikes, we'll head out in one of our Mercedes Sprinters. The bike ride and hike both take place in the Columbia River Gorge, in the waterfall-laden western end of an 80-mile (130-km) canyon.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Portland Women's Forum State Scenic Viewpoint, 39210 Historic Columbia River Hwy, Corbett, OR 97019, USA
View an expansive vista of the Columbia River Gorge, take photos, and hear the story of who was here before us. We'll also tell you how the waterfalls were created before getting on your bikes and beginning to ride.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Vista House, 40700 E Historic Columbia River Hwy, Corbett, OR 97019-9725
At the most beautiful rest stop in Oregon, we'll stop, take a walk to the upper deck (weather permitting), learn about the architectural history, and enjoy what could be the most expensive public bathroom in the Pacific Northwest. We'll also remember the Wasco people, who found this one of their holy places.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Latourell Falls, Guy W. Talbot State Park., Corbett, OR
Get off your bike and start the true immersion in the forest, what the Japanese call Shinrin Yoku. We'll walk around the creek containing stunning plunge-style waterfalls, which tumbles over layers of 15 million-year-old columnar and entablature basalt frosted with lichens and, according to local legend, carries the spirit of a Beaver princess who led a tragic life. We'll send you on the locals-favorite loop hike, a 2.1-mile trek that climbs up above the basalt face of the lower falls and heads back up the creek to the hidden waterfall above. It seems like a secret (but we'll let you in on it!). Breathe deep: you'll experience the rich variety of the forest with all its healing power and spiritual truths.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bridal Veil Falls State Park, Columbia River Scenic Highwy, Milepost 28, Corbett, OR 97019
We'll ride our bikes a little more, 2-4 miles (3-6 km) more before seeing one of the most beautiful and little-visited viewpoints in the Gorge. In the spring it is a carpet of camas, a native food.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Multnomah Falls, Interstate 84, Troutdale, OR 97014
Multnomah Falls is the tallest waterfall in the state and one of the most impressive, and most photographed, waterfalls in the U.S. If you're chasing waterfalls: this is the one many are seeking to catch. We'll stop at the falls for photos and the 1/4 mile / 1/2 km hike to the iconic Benson Bridge.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :833 SE Main St, Portland, OR 97214, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.