Hike in the fabulous Kasakh Canyon 45 minutes from Yerevan
Do you want to take a short hike 45 minutes from Yerevan in a unique natural environment, in vast territories, breathe fresh air and discover marvelous natural and cultural monuments? We advise you to take the route from the Monastery of Hovhannavank to the Monastery of Saghmosavank through the gorge of Kasakh, where many natural landscapes of exceptional beauty can be discovered.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Lunchboxes 1x per person
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Hovhannavank Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Saghmosavank Monastery
What's excluded :
- In the morning we will leave Yerevan and head to the Kasakh Canyon located in the province of Aragatsotn. We will be driven to the Monastery of Hovhannavank, Monastery of St. John the Apostle built in two phases, first in the IVth century and the second part in the XII-XIII century. Later, we will cross the village of Ohanavan and descend into the canyon of Kasakh, where the beautiful river of the same name flows and where you can admire the fantastic rock cliffs and reveal the geological formations that sometimes combine with structures from the 1st and 2nd millennium BC. You can also explore the old annex of Saghmosavank Monastery dug into the rock. We will move up the canyon to reach the orchards of the village Saghmosavan in order to unveil the Monastery of Saghmosavank ("monastery of the psalms"), overlooking, the canyon of Kasakh like her sister Monastery Hovhannavank. Later our vehicle will take care of our transportation to Yerevan.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up and Drop-off from/to your hotel in Yerevan
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.