Hike Maderas Volcano in Ometepe Island
A couple of thousand years ago the summit of the Maderas (1394 m) exploded and a multitude of lava boulders were scattered all around the slopes of the volcano. Today, the truncated cone of the Maderas is covered in thick cloud forest. On its summit, a crater lagoon has formed where you can swim in a serene setting. Enjoy this UNESCO biosphere reserve with its cloud forest hosting a diverse floral and faunal life!
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle from/to hotel in Ometepe Island
- Local bilingual guide
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Volcan Maderas
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Early in the morning, a local guide will pick you up at your hotel and take you to go to the south side of the island near Balgüe which is located on the shores of the Maderas Volcano.
On this tour you will be transferred to the east of the island; from there you will start (with your local guide) hiking the Maderas volcano, one of Ometepe’s 2 volcanoes, hosting an extensive cloud forest and wildlife. The Maderas Volcano is a 1350 mts. (4,429 ft.) hike where you will reach the lagoon at the top of the volcano. This is a strenuous and long hike (averaging 6 hours). After your hike you will return to your hotel.
Note: Good physical condition is required for this tour.
Departure Point :Hotels in Ometepe Island
Departure Time :7am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 13 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.