Hike Palm Springs Half Day with the Best Views
I provide water, a snack, a backpack & a hiking pole for each hiker, all sanitized for your safety. The hike to the summit of Murray Hill is considered one of the best around because the views along the way & from the top are spectacular. We'll be hiking in the Santa Rosa & San Jacinto Mountains National Monument on some the best trails in Palm Springs. You'll be able to see desert plants & cacti close up as we hike along the trails in a pristine desert landscape. You'll see from the desert valley floor below all the way up to beautiful mountain peaks, all while getting in some great exercise. I'll point out interesting landmarks along the way, like Mount San Gorgonio the tallest mountain in Southern California, Indian Canyons & other points of interest.
Now that it's winter the endangered Peninsular Bighorn Sheep have returned so maybe we'll see some, I've seen them in this area before. There will be lots of opportunities for taking beautiful scenic photos during the hike.
per adult from
What's included :
- I'll provide 1 backpack & 1 hiking pole for each hiker to use, or you can bring your own gear if you want to.
- Bottled water - I will provide water for each hiker.
- Snacks - I'll provide 1 granola bar for each hiker, but if you have dietary restrictions/preferances you can bring a snack of your choice.
What's excluded :
- Wear shoes with a sturdy sole & a good tread. I wear trail running shoes.
- If warm/hot out bring an electrolye drink to replace electolytes lost from sweating.
- If warm/hot out bring a salty snack to maintain sodium levels lost through sweat.
- Bring a hat, sunglasses & wear sunscreen.
- Lunch - Bring a light meal, like a sandwich & some fruit so you can eat at the top of Murray Hill if you would like to.
The hike is approx. 5 hrs including time to stop to take pics and breaks. We'll hike some of the most scenic trails in not only Palm Springs, but in all the Coachella Valley. There are lots of amazing viewpoints along the hike.
It's surprising that some of the best views in Palm Springs, a city that sits beneath a mtn range that's nearly 11,000 ft. can be seen from the top of Murray Hill at 2,220 feet. Murray Hill offers spectacular views of Palm Springs, the Coachella Valley and the surrounding mtns, but is also a challenging hike considering it's modest height.
Once at the top of Murray Hill we'll have lunch & you'll enjoy stunning 360 degree views, perfect for scenic photos.
We'll see the windmills, Joshua Tree National Park all to the north, the San Jacinto Mountains to the west, Mt. San Gorgonio (the tallest mtn in Southern Cali at 11,503 ft) We'll also see Indian Canyons, ancestral home of the Agua Caliente Cahuilla Indians that settled here 5000 years ago.
See my other hikes click TrailAhead under the product title. For Viator users see my other hikes copy&paste 138042P1 & 138042P2 in the search bar there. To do one of my hikes on a date/time not shown ask me.
Departure Point :Garstin Trailhead, 3133 Barona Rd, Palm Springs, CA 92264, USA
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You should be healthy & fit for this hike cause we'll be hiking uphill & downhill on terrain with some rough uneven sections. Also keep in mind that we'll go up in elevation about 2000 feet & the duration is approximately 5 hours, so you should be realistic with your physical abilities/limitations if doing this hike.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.