Hike through a recovered forest to find an amazing waterfall
We’ll go to the cloud forest in the mountains of Heredia on a LEVEL 4** hike that features two beautiful waterfalls and amazing landscapes.
We’ll meet in Heredia city center and drive to a Protected Area where we’ll trek through a recovered cloud-forest with exuberant vegetation and some fauna. We’ll visit two waterfalls and if you’re up for it, swim in the pure, cold mountain water!
After exploring the upper layers of the forest from atop a lookout point, we’ll head back to town to enjoy a "casado" in a typical lunch (included).
PLEASE READ ATTENTIVELY:
** Level 4 hike means "INTERMEDIATE HIKE WITH GOOD INCLINES, SOME STAMINA IS REQUIRED!! YOU NEED TO STAY HYDRATED. GOOD FOR SOME KIDS AND TEENS. NOT FOR BEGINNERS ".
+ 4 Km trek with a 160 meters altitude gain (2.5 miles hike in 525 feet incline).
+ Do not sign up if you have important knee problems, you are not moderately in shape or you never take walks since these situations create stress and slow the trek for others.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Lunch - A typical costa rican luch including a ’’casado’’ with a natural beverage.
- Trekking poles, binoculars, bug spray, sunscreen, charger and wifi. Hot drinks and extra pictures to enhance the experience.
- Admission to the Private Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Refugio de Vida Silvestre Cerro Dantas
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Refugio de Vida Silvestre Cerro Dantas, Parque Nacional Braulio Carrillo, Heredia 40101 Costa Rica
Tapir Mountain is a private forest reserve with plenty of water streams, tropical trees, birds, small mammals, butterflies, mushrooms and ferns.
There, we hike three hours to a recovered cloud forest and breathe the cool mountain air. Once we reach the second waterfall you may enter the chill-water pool, or not!
Back in town, a delicious lunch is waiting for you to recover your strength.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :El Fortín, Calle Central, Fatima, Heredia, Costa Rica
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.