Hike to Hovdsundet in Bodo, Northern Norway, Rugged Coastal Day Hike
A secluded beach in Bodø. Getting all the way to Hovdsundet is half the fun as it’s a challenging adventure on foot. Although the hike is difficult at times, the natural beauty makes it worth it. The trail offers a diversity of terrain from white-sand beaches, pine forests and coastal cliffs to pebble beaches.
Hovdsundet: It’s hard to believe that Hovdsundet Beach and Auvika Beach are north of the Arctic Circle. The highlight of this challenging coastal hike is the secluded beach Hovdsundet, one of the most beautiful and remote beaches in Bodø. It comes as no surprise that this beach has become a quite popular Instagram spot in Bodø.
Challenging: The hike to Hovdsundet Beach is perfect for those who are comfortable and experienced with backcountry hiking. This route may prove challenging for novices. Be prepared to use your entire body as the trail ascends and descends over cliffs and rocky outcrops.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
What's included :
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel/port drop-off
- Walking tou
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup
- Do I need any outdoor experience?
• Is this trip for me? This trip is designed for experienced hikers. You must have previous hiking experience and be able to overcome rocks (no climbing though) and rugged and uneven terrain. Be prepared to use your entire body. There is minor exposure in a few places, so good balance and coordination skills are required.
• Grading: This trip is graded as Challenging – Red grading – not so much for the length or elevation gain, but more for the challenging terrain.
By minibus or 8-seater car from/to downtown Bodø.
Season & Availability
May - September. May be possible in wintertime, weather permitting.
Terrain, distance and elevation
• Terrain: Sandy beaches, pebble beaches, coastal cliffs, rocks and sparse pine forests. Most of the route has no rock cairns or trail markers.
• Total length: The hike itself is approx. 7 km round trip (same length for the round trip). The mileage from Bodø by car (or minibus) is 25 km.
• Elevation: Most of the hike will follow the coastline (with some ups and downs). The highest point is no more than 75 metres above sea level.
You should bring
• Your own hiking gear suitable for the prevailing wind and weather conditions.
• Good footwear (hiking boots or sturdy running shoes) is a must.
• A small daypack for your snack, camera and some extra clothing.
We will provide
• A knowledgeable, English speaking guide with a sense of humour and passion for this area.
• Transport from town centre to starting point and back to town after trip is included in the tour price.
Group size - We prefer small groups
• Typical group size for our trips range from 2 to 10 (15). We prefer to keep the group size as small as possible for these trips, which improves the experience for the participants and guide alike.
• Larger groups may request booking this trip. In such cases, we divide the group into smaller groups, each of which will be accompanied by their own guide. NB: We don’t mix private group trips with solo travellers.
• What is the minimum number of participants? To run this tour, a minimum of two people must book. If this minimum is not met, we reserve the right to cancel the tour. You will then have the option of being rebooked on an alternative date or receiving a full refund.
Departure Point :By the Tourist Information in Bodø, centrally located in Bodø.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all participants.
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.