Hike to Panauti
The trip starts with a drive from Kathmandu at 9am. On reaching Sanga (home to one of the tallest Shiva statue in the world), the hike starts cutting off from the highway, via an off the beaten path. This lesser traveled route takes you along some beautiful scenery and gives you a glimpse of village life in Nepal.
Walking along the ridges, you will pass through farm houses and terraces of fields glinting in the sun in the valley below with the views of majestic Himalayas in the backdrop. The route for most part is easy going making the route suitable for anyone with moderate fitness.
The hike ends at Panauti, this small town retains much of its charm and continues its culture, traditions, and prestige just as it was in the 13th century. Here, You can enjoy a short visit to the old quarters of the town and enjoy a home cooked lunch with the family at the Community Homestay.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transport from Kathmandu to Sanga
- Return Transport from Panauti to Kathmandu
- English speaking local Guide
- Lunch with local family at Panauti
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase)
- Entrance Fee Indreshwor Temple and Museum
You will Hike through a unique route where you will encounter nature, locals and their culture. Starting from the Sanga, The Bhramin Community where a Large Shiva (Hindu God) gives a sign of blessing you will hike through Tamang community and end the hike at Panauti, a well preserved Newari town.
Departure Point :Community Homestay Network, Lal Durbar Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.