Hike to the Pedra da Gávea with a Professional guide!
This is undoubtedly the greatest hiking challenge in Rio de Janeiro. A mountain that can be seen from almost anywhere in the city. One of the biggest monoliths in front of the ocean in the world. During the hike we might be gifted by the appearance of forest-dwelling animals such as monkeys, coatis, toucans and more! At the end, an optional waterfall shower can be taken!
per adult from
What's included :
- All safety gear necessary for the rock climbing.
- Mosquito repellent.
What's excluded :
- Bottled water - Bring at least 1.5 liter of water per person.
- Snacks - Bring light snacks such as fruits or cereal bars.
We are going to hike the imposing Pedra da Gávea (Gavea stone)! This is considered the top hiking challenge in the city of Rio de Janeiro. The trail goes through the rainforest, passing through scrambling parts and also with an easy rock climbing section. The elevation gain is intense (almost 2100 feet). The trail to go down is the same way we came up.
• Pedra da Gavea, Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22451-261 Brazil
Departure Point :Estr. Sorimã, 459 - Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22611-030, Brazil
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Desaconselhável para pessoas com obesidade mórbida.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.