Hike to Top of Montserrat Mountain, Sant Jeroni. Small Group, from Barcelona.
Other things we'll discover: Our Lady of Montserrat La Moreneta, The Via Crucis (Stations of the Crosses), Oliba Abbot of Ripoll, Monks and the sedimentary rock formations, which are infamous for climbers, hidden trails away from the busy areas and option to hike from the base to top.
per adult from
What's included :
- More than six persons - Train ticket from Placa Espanya train station to base of Montserrat Mountain
- Experienced Mountain Guide
- Snacks throughout the hike
- 6 Seater Air Conditioned Van
What's excluded :
- Funicular train, if you decide to take back down the mountain.
We'll have three options of hikes depending on fitness levels:
- Beginners 2-3 hours, where we'll start the hike at the Santa Maria de Montserrat Abbey and visit Sant Miguel Cross and watch the famous Montserrat choir boys (only Monday - Friday). Elevation Gain: 236m. Total distance: 5km.
- Intermediate 3-5 hours (To Sant Jeroni 1236 m altitude, starting from Monastery). Elevation gain: 537m. Total distance: 8km.
- Advanced 5-6.5 hours (From base to top Sant Jeroni 1236m altitude and back down). Elevation gain: 956m. Total Distance: 19km. Option to reduce this to 16km with funicular (excluded in price).
PLEASE NOTE, DURING THE VERY HOT MONTHS OF JULY & AUGUST, WE ONLY RUN THE BEGINNERS AND INTERMEDIATE HIKE.
Throughout the hike we'll discover the fauna and flora of Montserrat, including squirrels, bats, wild boar and recently they've introduced mountain goats.
If you'd prefer something more gentle we'll start higher up the mountain at the Monastery (beginners & intermediate) and you'll be able to enjoy drive up, admiring the dense undergrowth with the wide variety of plants of up to 1250 different species.
• Sant Jeroni, Montserrat Spain
• Monistrol de Montserrat, Monistrol de Montserrat, Bages, Catalonia
Departure Point :Carrer dels Almogàvers, 4, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour is subject to cancellation or rescheduling, if weather conditions are not appropriate.
- Good walking shoes and clothing will need to be worn for all weather conditions, especially in autumn and winter.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.