Hiking and Culture in Kathmandu
Enjoy the best of what the Kathmandu Valley has to offer in this short trip out of the city. Start with an overnight easy hike to the hill top at Nagarkot for majestic mountain sunrises and sunsets, and then immerse into the culture with an overnight at the ancient city of Bhaktapur. Meet the local Yogurt maker, and tour this ancient city at dawn - on foot on by cycle.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2 nights accommodation
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Day 1: Day Hike to Nagarkot
8am: Pick up from hotel in the city to drive one hour or so to Sankhu, at the foothills of the valley. Start the leisurely 4-hour hike to Nagarkot, through suburban villages at the edge of the valley, and rise about the valley floor. Stop at a pass for lunch, admiring the views and farm lands. Reach Nagarkot in the early afternoon and relax in the hotel. Weather permitting, enjoy a sundowner with a majestic sunset.
Meals : Lunch & Dinner
Day 2: Hike to Dhulikhel. Drive to Bhaktapur
Early wake up to watch sunrise. Later breakfast at the hotel.
9am: Start the ridge hike of about three hours to Dhulikhel, where after a local lunch, you get picked up to be driven for half hour to Bhaktapur, the ancient town in the third district in the valley. Dropped at the hotel and the afternoon is free to wander around and enjoy a meal in a restaurant.
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch. Dinner on your own.
Day 3: Early rise for a guided tour of the city at dawn, the best time of the day when people with the same rituals as hundreds of years ago. You can choose to do this on foot on by cycle at no extra cost. Later after breakfast, meet the local famous Yogurt making family. After a self lunch at a restaurant, and at the time of your convenience, you get picked up for the one hour drive back to your hotel in Kathmandu.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Kathmandu Valley or local operator's office Thamel, Tridevi Marg
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.