Hiking and Driving Tour to Petroglyphs Near Zion National Park
We have a deep passion for the history of this area. Expect to learn about the natural landscape, but also about the Native American history and the relationship between the Paiute and the Mormon settlers in the late 1800s.
We also customize each tour to the ability of our clients. We can do a primarily driving tour with small hikes or add more robust hikes for those who want to climb hills and get out there.
We help people see another side of Zion National Park without the crowds. We do not travel inside Zion, however we will be surrounded by the park and the views are amazing.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Hiking poles, Backpacks and Headlamps
- Snacks - Snacks and sodas. We also carry extra water for refills.
- Digital photos from the journey
- Dog friendly
What's excluded :
- This is not a Zion National Park Shuttle!
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Smithsonian Butte Back Country Byway, Rockville to Apple Valley, Rockville, UT
We will begin our journey driving up from Hurricane, UT toward Gooseberry Mesa. Once we turn on to this road we will travel 10 minutes down a 4x4 dirt road to a parking spot. There is about a 15 minute hike on a dirt trail to a petroglyph wall. We will then drive on to Wire Mesa and do another 15-30 minute hike. This is a well established trail and good for beginner hikers. There are epic views of Zion from the Mesa. Excellent for panoramic photography.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Grafton Ghost Town, Springdale, UT 84767, USA
Next we drive down the mountain on a 4x4 road, ending up at Grafton Ghost town. We will have a quick walk about the ghost town and cemetary, then drive back toward our starting point.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: River Rock Roasting Drive Thru, 481 N Main St, La Verkin, UT 84745, USA
2: Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Virgin Zion National Park, One Camino Del Rio, Virgin, UT 84779, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Booster seats are available for kids.
- We can accommodate those in wheelchairs or with limited mobility.
- We are pet friendly and can accommodate dogs.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are very COVID-19 friendly. If you would like to travel in your own vehicle and follow us this is possible if we stay on the more paved and maintained dirt roads.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.