Hiking in Kanab: Famous Teepees of Vermilion Cliffs National Monument near Wave
Very Remote section of Vermilion Cliffs with incredible geology near famous wave rock. No permit required!
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Water
What's excluded :
Hiking to the Teepee formation is a great spring, fall and winter location. Summer can be toasty if you don't head out early in the morning. This hike can take anywhere from 1-2 hours each way depending on individual abilities and trail conditions. There are two sets of teepee rocks that are quite tall and photogenic for all levels. The hike is primarily through sand and this can be tough for some but those who choose this tour will be amazed with this formation. Rarely does anyone get out to the teepees and we should have the place to ourselves just about anytime of the year. The teepees are divided between the north and south teepees and it takes about 15 minutes to walk between the two.
Tour time for this hike is 6-7 hours.
Departure Point :78 100 N, Kanab, UT 84741, USA
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.