Hiking in Pirin- the UNESCO World Heritage Natural Park with a visit of Bansko
This tour is a great opportunity to enjoy one of the most beautiful places in Bulgaria-Pirin natural park, part of the UNESCO World Heritage list. In return for the relatively easy hike, you will admire some of Banderishki Lakes and will be able to see from below the highest pike of the mountain- Vihren. When we are done with the hike, we will go down to the biggest ski resort in Bulgaria- Bansko, where you will have the chance to try a very nice traditional Bulgarian lunch. After regaining your strength, you will have a short guided walk in the historical part of the town, during which you will learn about the history and the architecture of our Revival period.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional highly educated guide
- Guided visit of Bansko
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pirin National Park, Pirin Bulgaria
At 8:00 you will be picked by your guide from your hotel/accommodation in Sofia. The driving time is around 2 hours on a very beautiful scenic road, during which you will see the highest mountain on the Balkans-Rila Mountain. Then we will reach the starting point of our hike – Vihren hut. The hiking will take approximately 3,5 hours in both directions, during which you will pass by 3 of the Banderishki lakes. When we are back in our vehicle, we will head towards Bansko Ski resort, which is 15 minutes from the parking.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Bansko, Bansko, Blagoevgrad Province
When we come down from the mountain we will relax in Bansko-the biggest ski resort in Bulgaria, situated in a valley. We can sit and have a great Bulgarian lunch in a nice place in the heart of the historical part of Bansko. After that, you will have a half an hour walking tour of the place. You will be introduced to the local Revival period architecture and will learn about the beginning of the Revival period in the 18th century. At around 16:30 we will start our journey back to Sofia. Our guide will drop you off at your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We understand your concerns in relation to COVID-19, therefore we've taken the needed measures for you to feel safe. Due to the situation nowadays we organize tours only for small groups (up to 7 people) and we have the option for private tours.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.