Hiking in Plitvice Lakes National Park: Full Day Private Tour from Zadar
Available even when the tickets are sold out !
Beware, this tour is for hikers in good fitness ! 6 to 7 hours walking.
Once at the national park, you will spend the whole day hiking around each of the 16 main lakes and numerous ponds connected to each other by waterfalls. You will skip the lines and get to panoramic sightseeing points away from the crowd.
Be prepared to walk at least 15 km, maybe 18 km!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Plitvice Lakes National Park
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (Approx. 35 € per person from June 1st to August 31).
- Food and drinks
- A beautiful day you will never forget, full of life, colors and sounds.
Your driver and guide will pick you up and drive you safely in a comfortable and modern van for approximately an hour and a half. You will spend 6 to 7 hours scrolling the park and see much more than anyone else there!
The national park is world famous for its 16 lakes arranged in cascades. These lakes are a result of the confluence of several small rivers and subterranean karst rivers. The lakes are all interconnected. They are separated by natural dams of travertine, which is deposited by the action of limestone, moss, algae, and bacteria. The particularly sensitive travertine barriers are the result of an interplay between water, minerals, air and plants. The encrusted plants and bacteria accumulate on top of each other, forming travertine barriers which grow at the rate of about 1 cm per year.
What you will see is the result of thousand of years of water flowing day by day, season after season in all weather conditions. You will feel tiny and modest but so lucky to witness it!
Since it is world famous expect a lot of visitors. Your guide, a registered mountain guide, has been there hundreds of times. Thus, he knows the spots and the best itineraries to avoid most of the crowd and get the most of this paradise.
This day trip is for hikers. We might decide together to skip the crossing of Kozjak lake by electric boat because we think it is nicer to walk an additional half an hour than to wait as much or more in the crowd under a hot sun or pouring rain.
The pace is easy, you will have plenty of time to observe the fauna, flora and travertine barriers, take pictures, just like on a Sunday walk in a park. You will have a 45 minutes break for lunch (lunch is not included). You can bring your packed lunch or get some food at one of the restaurants in the park.
On your way back to Zadar area you might have a chance to enjoy the sunset on the southern slopes of the Velebit mountain range.
Departure Point :Zadar area
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Beware, this tour is for hikers in good fitness ! 6 to 7 hours walking. Be prepared to walk at least 15 km, maybe 18 km!
- Small group up to 8 people
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.