Hiking in Ymmitos Mountain
The forest around Kaisariani Monastery on the western slopes of Mount Ymmitos is one of the best places to escape the mayhem of Athens for a day. Lying only about 20 minutes bus ride from Syntagma Square it is close enough to the city center but walking on its pretty forest trails you’ll feel miles away.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Unlimited Instagram photo opportunities
- Bus ticket is included
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Ticket to Monastery is not included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Kaisariani Monastery, Mount Hymettus, Kaisariani Greece
. We visit the Byzantine Kaisariani Monastery, the ruins of Agios Taxiarches and the church of Agios Markos. This is an awesome place for a break or pick nick with a beautiful view of Athens. Following the botanical trail climbing above the monastery, you will stumble upon another small church hidden in the forest. From Analipsi the path continues up through the woods until it joins wide dirt road running across the slopes of the mountain. Turn left here following the road for a couple of kilometers enjoying the panoramic views of Athens underneath. It’ll take you to Kalopoula, the only refreshment at the Kaisariani forest.
It consists of a tiny wooden hut and a large outside seating area. Except for coffee and other drinks, they offer simple but tasty meal like bean soup, grilled cheese or different kinds of puff pastry pies.
We will walk back to the beginning of the trail at the meeting point, safe and full of experience the Greek nature history and amazing views.
Departure Point :Evangelismos metro station, Athens 106 76, Greece
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.