Hiking Le Morne Brabant in Mauritius - a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Situated at the extreme southwestern tip of Mauritius, guests will be hiking to the memorial cross summit of Le Morne Brabant (a UNESCO world heritage site), guided by our local and certified mountaineer who is totally committed to safety, comfort and fun.
The hike includes 4 rock-scrambling and climbing sections which can be tackled participants with little to no experience in hiking. During the hike, you will learn about the unique flora and fauna of the island, the history of the mountain and the cultural aspects of Mauritius. You will also spot “Boucle d’Oreille” commonly known as Trochetia Boutoniana, the endemic national flower of Mauritius.
You will also visit the south-west viewpoint of the mountain where you will have enough time to admire the breathtaking landscapes and take plenty of photos.
Participants must be physically fit and not having any fear of heights.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Le Morne Brabant, Le Morne, Mauritius 742CU001
Hiking to the memorial cross summit of Le Morne Brabant.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Le Morne Brabant, Mauritius
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers who have an extreme fear of heights (acrophobia).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.