Hiking Le Pouce Mountain - 3rd Highest Mountain in Mauritius
The first section of the hike travels through the forest of the mountain, allowing you to enjoy a nice meditative walk for 600 meters in the midst of indigenous plants and trees. The hike then continues to a section where you can enjoy magnificent views towards Port Louis and other peaks of the Moka range.
Following 700 meters you will reach the shoulder of the mountain, which has an altitude of 736 meters. This area is basically a large flat area of land providing breathtaking views towards the south and northeastern part of Mauritius. At this point you will be provided with delicious snacks.
The hike then continues to the peak. The last part towards the summit requires some rock scrambling. Once you arrive to the summit, be rewarded with an incredible 360-degree panoramic view. Whilst on the summit you are given enough time to relax and receive more information about your surroundings. Make your way back to the meeting point with your guide ensuring your security the entire way.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Le Pouce, Port Louis, Mauritius
Le Pouce is one of the most well-known mountains in Mauritius, being the 3rd highest. The mountain's name, Le Pouce, meaning “The Thumb” was given due to its shape, resembling a thumb. The peak of Le Pouce provides splendid views of Port Louis, the Moka range, as well as panoramic views of the whole island.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Le Pouce Start Point from Moka, Unnamed Road, Mauritius
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.