Hiking - Tajo del Abanico Circular - 10km - Easy Level
This is an easy, circular walk from the southern, old part of Ronda town. The Tajo del Abanico is a hidden gem - a limestone rock gorge which ends at a towering rock named “The Fan” due to its unusual shape, formed from many centuries of wind and rain erosion of the limestone rock cliffs.
The route takes us down past farmland, olive groves and almond trees. We enter holm oak forest and drop down to cross a small stream. A short climb brings us to the remains of a mediaeval cobblestone pathway, now seemingly "in the middle of nowhere". The pathway leads us into the valley gorge, where we find a low cave and the huge, fan-shaped rock which gives the gorge its name. We return through the quiet valley and past beautiful rock formations to re-enter Ronda via one of its oldest districts, the Barrio San Francisco. Here we find a bustling plaza, the mediaeval Almocobar Gate and church of Espirtitu Santu.
per adult from
What's included :
- Certified tour guide.
What's excluded :
Enjoy a gentle paced hike to see the hidden gem of the Tajo del Abanico, walk along an ancient cobble stone path and see spectacular views of Rondas cliffs and gorge.
• Tajo del Abanico, 29400 Ronda, Málaga, Spain
Departure Point :Puerta de Almocábar, Plazuela Arquitecto Francisco Pons Sorolla, s/n, 29400 Ronda, Málaga, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
We make pickup arrangements to be as convenient as possible, either directly from your hotel or at a nearby landmark. Start times are arranged to suit your requirements and seasonal temperatures. Pickup will be arranged by email after confirmation of your booking.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.