Hiking - Torrecilla Ascent - 16km - Challenging Level
The mountain of Torrecilla is located at the heart of the Sierra de las Nieves Natural Park and is the highest peak in Western Andalucia at 1,919m above sea level. This is a challenging hike but the views are amazing and you will feel like you are on top of the world.
We drive from Ronda into the Sierra de las Nieves, taking us far from civilisation and into this protected region of unspoiled and dramatic limestone mountains. We begin walking in the pine-forested lower levels of the mountains and head up steeply, through areas of stony scrubland, dotted with isolated holm oaks, catching glimpses of Torrecilla in the distance. After an easier, flatter section, the final ascent is a steep but relatively short climb. From the top we can see for miles in every direction - south to the Costa del Sol, the Rock of Gibraltar and over the Mediterranean Sea, inland to the Sierra Nevada and back "home" to the Serrania de Ronda.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Bottled water - Please bring water and snacks
Hike to the peak of the highest mountain in western Andalucia (1919m) and feel on top of the world. Rocky landscapes and spectacular views of the Sierra de las Nieves, Mediterranean Sea and to Africa.
Note: This route is wholely through uninhabited countryside and is mainly on small paths and trails. Some of the paths are in good condition but there are eroded sections. The final ascent is steep and rocky but does not involve rope climbing or similar. Hikers need to be confident on uneven surfaces and good walking shoes/boots are highly recommended.
Departure Point :Estacíon de Ronda Adif, Av. Victoria, 31, 29400 Ronda, Málaga, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
We arrange all our pickups to be as convenient as possible from Ronda hotels or locations near to where you are staying. Pickup will be arranged by email after confirmation of your booking.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.