Hiking Tour from Mount Ulriken to Mount Fløyen in Bergen
The walk is from Mt Ulriken to Mt Fløyen. Starting from Mt Ulriken, you get great views of Bergen and the city fjord. Mt Ulriken is the highest mountain in Bergen at 643 metres, and our destination is Mt Fløyen, which is 300 metres. The guide takes you safely over the mountains, and brings a comprehensive first-aid kit. On the way, you will learn about Bergen and Norway, and, not least, about Norwegian outdoor pursuits.
On this trip you will see all the 7 mountains around Bergen, and walk between the two most famous peaks.
When: All year round, main season: 1 april-30 october. Start :Every MONDAY 08:50, and FRIDAY 08:50 ( Also possible on request other days and times, sunset hike e.t.c.)
NOTE : Winter time okt-april starts the tour 09:30 because the first cabelcar leaves 10:00
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Snacks - A Norwegian snack will be served. Bring your own lunch / water.
- Professional mountain guide.
- Entry/Admission - Vidden Trail between Mt. Floyen and Mt. Ulriken
What's excluded :
- Tickets to the Ulriken Gondola ( 185,- nok )
- If you dont would like to hike down from Mt.Fløyen the funicular charge 60 nok
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vidden Trail between Mt. Floyen and Mt. Ulriken, Mt. Ulriken, Bergen Norway
Join us on this legendary walk across the ‘Vidden’ plateau. A guide from Norway Mountain Guides will join you on the hike.
We do the walk that is loved by all local mountain enthusiasts. The walk is from Mt Ulriken to Mt Fløyen. Starting from Mt Ulriken makes for an easier walk, and you get great views of Bergen and the Byfjord. Mt Ulriken is the highest mountain in Bergen at 643 metres, and our destination is Mt Fløyen, which is 300 metres.
The guide takes you safely over the mountains, and brings a comprehensive first-aid kit. On the way, you will learn about Bergen and Norway, and, not least, about Norwegian outdoor pursuits. If children come along on the walk, we will tell them stories about the trolls who live in the mountains.
Time: Approx. 4-6 hours with breaks
Level: Medium/ experienced, blue category
Km: 13 (if you take the cable car up/funicular down)
Terrain: Relatively easy to walk
Elevation: 643 metres – 300 metres.
Starts at: Mt Ulriken, 605 metres. Ends at Mt Fløyen, 300 metres
This walk can be done all year, but don’t forget that the weather changes quickly. Proper clothes and shoes are important. The walk takes you up to an elevation hundreds of metres above the city centre, where it is normally quite a lot colder than in the centre. We don’t follow a road, but a trail the whole way. The terrain is undulating, but it is not heavy-going. There are some steep sections, but no exposed parts. The path can be wet and muddy. When we arrive at our destination, Mt Fløyen, you can walk or take the Fløibanen funicular back down to the city centre.
13 kilometres is a good distance, so you need to be in OK shape to do the walk. If you’re in doubt, get in touch with us.
This walk is a must to be able to call yourself a ‘Bergenser’ or Bergen patriot. We guarantee you a lovely and safe walk in good company and, not least, high spirits!
Rendezvous point: At the top of Mt Ulriken (by the upper station) outside the shop at 10.00 sharp. Look for a guide from Norway Mountain Guides.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Mount Floyen and the Funicular, Vetrelidsallmenningen 23A, Bergen 5014 Norway
Great view to the city, mountains around and the city fjord.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Mount Ulriken, Haukelandsbakken 40 Torgallmenningen 1, Bergen 5009 Norway
View point and start of our hike.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Tourist Information in Bergen, Strandkaien 3, 5012 Bergen, Norway
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Equipment needed:Sturdy shoes, windproof jacket and trousers, sunglasses, camera and plenty of food and drink. We also recommend bringing a change of clothes, a light hat and gloves and trekking poles. You can fill your water bottle on Ulriken
- Strandkaien 3 -Tourist office-We have no office at this adress, this is the adress for attendance to already booked hikes
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.