Hiking Tour in the Andes Mountains - Half Day Trip from Santiago
Very close to Santiago we find this amazing nature park in the Andes Mountains filled with fresh air. The hike is short and flexible to meet one's level of fitness or expectations!
Inside the park, follow our guide on a relaxing 4-mile (6-km) hike that lasts up to three hours. Wander into meadows strewn with wild herbs, and inhale the fresh, calming scents of pine, eucalyptus and cypress trees dotting Villa Paulina valley. Admire the breathtaking vistas and the La Paloma Glacier.
Yerba Loca is home to more than 500 species of plant and animal life. Look for the grey fox or Darwin’s leaf-eared mouse. Overhead, you might spot eagles or the mighty Chilean condor with a 10-foot (3-m) wingspan.
After the hike, enjoy a delightful gourmet picnic lunch, which includes freshly made local bread, wine, seasonal fruit, cheeses & ham and more. We relax, reflecting on the day together. We share what we have enjoyed about our interaction with nature, between us and the beautiful environment.
per adult from
1 day 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish/English)
- Picnic lunch
- 2 bottles of water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
-Pick up from Hotel or meeting point
-Meet your guide & drive to the nature park Yerba Loca
-Leave the car at the picnic area and prepare for the hike
-Duration & level of difficulty is flexible to meet your level of fitness / experience
-During the hike, explanation on the park, ecosystems, micro-climates, native flora & fauna
- Possibility to get adventurous and find a crossing in a river of melted glacier water
(if not we find an alternative)
-Enjoy the wonderful vistas from a "mirador" viewpoint of the valley & snow-capped Andes
-Return to our picnic area and find a nice spot
-Enjoy a delicious picnic with wine, cheese & ham, fresh bread & fruits of the season
• Parque Yerba Loca, Camino Farellones Curva 15, Santiago 8320000 Chile
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from hotels located in: Bellavista, Providencia, Las Condes, Vitacura. If you reside outside these areas, pick up will be coordinated at the Park Plaza Hotel, Ricardo Lyon 207, (corner with Nueva Providencia) Providencia.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please note: snow is only present in the mountains from May-September
- Although water is provided, it is recommended you bring your own in addition to the water provided
- It is recommended that you dress according to the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.