Hill of Crosses and Siauliai tour from Vilnius
On this day tour from Vilnius to the Hill of Crosses and Siauliai you will discover the most mysterious hill embraced by legends. The shrine of the Hill of Crosses is decorated with over 100,000 different crosses.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Starting from Vilnius the tour will take you to the north of Lithuania where you will find Siauliai and the famous Hill of Crosses. Siauliai is the fourth largest city in Lithuania.
During the drive through the center, there will be a chance to see the famous Frenkel Villa, Church of St.Peter and Paul and meet the Millenium Fox and Golden Archer of the Sundial. Moreover, you will hear about one of the oldest confectionery factories in Lithuania and will even have a chance to buy some tasty souvenirs to take back home.
The famous Hill of Crosses will be your next stop, where the Pope John Paul II held the most highly attended mass in our country – during his visit to Lithuania in 1993. This old mound from the days of the crusaders has been decorated with thousands of crosses in every imaginable size and form. This has always been, as it is now, a place of pilgrimage. Today a veritable sea of crosses – hundreds of thousands of them – serves as a monument to Lithuanians’ devotion to their religion. You will learn about the cross making craft - one of the most unique Lithuanian crafts, included in the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List.
After the visit in the Hill of Crosses, it is possible to stop for lunch in a traditional restaurant before making your way back to the capital city, Vilnius.
Departure Point :Centrally located hotels in Vilnius
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Minimum number of 3 persons for the group tour is required. If there are less participants, the tour can be cancelled. If this happens, you will be offered an alternative solution or full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.