Hill Sheep Farming and Sheepdog Trialling Experience in Galway
Successful sheep farmers need well-trained sheep dogs, and this 90-minute tour will show you how Border Collies are trained to work on a farm. Set in the stunning Connemara countryside, this farm is surrounded by rolling green hills that are backed by the Maumturk Mountains, and just minutes away from Lough Nafooey which boasts a freshwater beach. Depending on the season, you might have the chance to shear some sheep or cuddle with newborn puppies, and this tour is a truly authentic experience of life in western Ireland. Transportation is not provided to the farm to attend this experience; the distance is about an hour away from Galway city.
per adult from
What's included :
- Farmer experience
- Entry/Admission - Joyce Country Sheepdogs
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Joyce Country Sheepdogs, Finny, Clonbur, Co. Galway, Shanafaraghaun Ireland
Guests are given a a demonstration of authentic sheep herding using border collies. Also included is an informative, friendly insight into hill sheep farming. Subject to seasonal availability guests can also invited to view traditional sheep shearing methods. We occasionally have puppies and pet lambs that guests are welcome to interact with. This is all set against the staggeringly beautiful backdrop of Lough Nafooey between the Partry and Maumturk Mountains.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :L1601, Shanafaraghaun, Co. Galway, Ireland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.