Historic Folsom: A Self-Guided GPS Audio Walking Tour around the Old Town
This self-guided GPS audio walking tour will explore the historic western gold rush town of Folsom, California.
The tour begins at the corner of Riley and Scott Street in Folsom’s Historic District and ends on Truss Bridge, with tranquil views of the American River. We’ll take in Figueroa Street, where you’ll find beautiful homes built in the late 1800s, and Sutter Street, which was once Folsom’s main street – and a picturebook Old Western main street. We’ll end our adventure on the Truss Bridge.
On this walking tour, you’ll hear about:
• Local Native American history
• California’s early history
• The history of the gold rush and how it's connected to Folsom
• The Victorian homes in Folsom
• The revitalization of the Historic District in Old Town Folsom
• Johnny Cash and the “Folsom Prison Blues”
The tour is ready whenever you are. It plays automatically at exactly the right time and place using your smart phone’s GPS and the VoiceMap mobile app, which works offline.
per adult from
90 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this selg-guided GPS audio tour in English
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
What's excluded :
- Food and drink
- Smartphone and headphones
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Sutter Street, Sutter St, Folsom, CA 95630, USA
The tour takes you down Sutter Street in Folsom
Pass By: Folsom Historical Museum, 823 Sutter St, Folsom, CA 95630-2440
The tour passes by the Folsom Historical Museum.
Pass By: Sacramento Valley Railroad, 4144 Dudley Blvd # 412, McClellan Park, CA 95652, USA
The tour passes by the Sacramento Valley Railroad.
Pass By: Sutter Street Theatre, 717 Sutter St, Folsom, CA 95630-2546
The tour passes by the Sutter Street Theatre.
Pass By: Folsom Powerhouse State Historic Park, 9980 Greenback Ln, Folsom, CA 95630-2117
The tour passes by the Folsom Powerhouse State Historic Park.
Pass By: Lake Natoma, Folsom, CA
The tour passes by Lake Natoma.
Departure Point :Loyal Order of Moose, 203 Scott St, Folsom, CA 95630, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/31/2020 - 10/27/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Folsom Historic Truss Bridge, Rainbow Bridge, Lake Natoma, Folsom, CA 95630, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.