Historic Hurricane and Tree Sculpture Bus Tour in Galveston
Your tour will feature both a live guide and interactive video presentation by Dr. Hal Needham, one of the nation's leading climate scientists who has traveled the world observing hurricanes for his climate research.
Hal's friendly engaging style is both educational and entertaining. As a Galveston Island resident and scientist, he brings a unique perspective to the storms that have ravaged the Island with special focus on the great storm of 1900.
You will tour the historic East end of Galveston and viewing the historic homes and beautiful tree sculptures while learning about how the hurricanes over the last 120 years have changed Galveston forever.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Free Parking on business side of Seawall between 12th and 19th streets.
- Free souvenir photo.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: The Seawall, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX
Learn about the construction and history of the Seawall which has protected Galveston since 1902.
Pass By: Tree Sculptures, Renaissance Historic District, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550-5138
See some of the historic tree sculptures and get a Free App where you can do a virtual tour of ALL the sculptures as well as learn about the artists who carved them.
Pass By: 1859 Ashton Villa, 2328 Broadway St, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550-4642
See how the grade raising of the entire Island affected this home, the first brick mansion built on Broadway Blvd.
Pass By: 1880 Garten Verein, 2704 Avenue O, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550-6866
View the closest structure to the Gulf of Mexico that survived the 1900 storm.
Departure Point :1522 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX 77550, USA
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.